M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
pm pynikal he has it on his bike. sweet looking fender im sure he can tell you what you need to know

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've got his kit on my bike. First off, Dave is a really first class guy to deal with. I had no issues whatsoever with delivery of his kit to Canada. Matter of fact, it got here about 3 days quicker than I expected.

The kit itself is "custom", so expect some fitment issues. When you look at the contact points on the stock bike, it'll be pretty evident why it's virtually impossible to make a kit that would fit every 109 out there without some fitment problems. Too many tolerance issues.

The kit itself is straightforward to install. I had to do some work on the mounting bracket holes to get the fender to fit the gas tank properly, but no big deal. I like the seat that came with it, some have added padding to it, maybe I just have less feeling in my arse :dontknow:

The kit looks best with at least 2" lowering bones, or better yet, air ride. I have 2.75" bones on mine, but will likely be doing air ride this winter.

Don't hesitate to deal with Dave, great guy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got you beat by about 20lbs, and I had the 2.75" drop on the stock bike, no problems after shortening the screws, but expect to rub once in awhile. With this fender kit, no issues at all as the mounting bracket is smooth and prevents the tire from actually hitting the fender if you do rub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts