M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys notice that the rear rotor is tightly mounted to the hub and it's loose , move from left to right on the round studs on the rotor.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi, Yep have been there and seen that. Mine got loose one day and stayed that way now for quite a while. Mine moves about an 1/8" or so but has not gotton worse. There was some talk that this is a floating rotor and is normal but some rotors sound like they are ready to fall apart. JOHN

·
Registered
326 Posts
I really don't think thats right. I just went out and re-checked mine and it does not move. zero, zip, nada. So either your rotor should not move or mine is locked up........

I'm betting that it's not supposed to move.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
floating rotors should move some, that's the whole point of why they float. they should not be falling off loose though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mack400 said:
Hi, Yep have been there and seen that. Mine got loose one day and stayed that way now for quite a while. Mine moves about an 1/8" or so but has not gotton worse. There was some talk that this is a floating rotor and is normal but some rotors sound like they are ready to fall apart. JOHN
The M109 uses semi-floating rotors. They should move a bit under pressure but not that easily. If they are real loose, they are not riveted correctly and the dealer needs to replace the rotors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts