M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what kind of rear brakes you guys have put on your 9s. Mine has squeaked since i rolled it off the showroom floor:mad:. Its my first time buying brakes for a bike and was wondering which ones are the best.

·
Registered
501 Posts
i just put ebc double h sintered on my 9 front and back , so far so good. found all three sets on ebay for $109. (package deal all three sets)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine also squeaked since i bought mine. Until I started using it in normal breaking situations. The constant use, I guess broke them in, now rarely squeaking even when not used for a while.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Mine squeaked until I had the loose rear rotor replaced under warranty. Since then, quiet as can be.

CHECK YOUR REAR ROTOR. There should be a little movement, just enough to tell that it "floats". More then that, is bad and will cause the squeaking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill take a look at it. Mine squeaks under light braking and gets a little better when they get warm but still squeaks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Caliper moves a little like it should and the rotors tight.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I'm Due for a set

Mine must be original organic ones. Every time I go for a ride and come back , my rims are dusted with black pad dust, POS I will go with the upgraded ones when I do

i just put ebc double h sintered on my 9 front and back , so far so good. found all three sets on ebay for $109. (package deal all three sets)

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
you know

you might have a small pebble/rock in them. Just a thought

Caliper moves a little like it should and the rotors tight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im gonna go that route as well.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
I have the EBC pads on mine, but I don't recall which series I used. I tried some of their more expensive and harder pads but they made a lot of noise, so I went to their softer pads. Probably the organic ones.

Something you can try is to bed them in better. Do a couple hard stops using only the rear brake and see if that helps. Just be careful and don't lock it up unless you can handle the slide. My fronts squeaked until I did a few hard stops on them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the EBC pads on mine, but I don't recall which series I used. I tried some of their more expensive and harder pads but they made a lot of noise, so I went to their softer pads. Probably the organic ones.

Something you can try is to bed them in better. Do a couple hard stops using only the rear brake and see if that helps. Just be careful and don't lock it up unless you can handle the slide. My fronts squeaked until I did a few hard stops on them.
Yeah i tried that already and it didnt help either. I dont see any
thing obvious that could be causing it i guess they are just noisy, its embarasing when you pull up on a nice ride and your squeaking.:edit:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts