M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys!!!! Can't say enough bout that 9...but i got a ? for you guys....i get this squeaching and sqeeling sound from the rear break when applied mostly at low speeds. I took it the shop where the exhaust was installed , the tech said to get the bike up to good speed and just apply the rear break hard!! Now granted the bike just turned 3k miles...just seems weard, pads are thick and rotor looks good. Kinda with a car thats been sitting, you kinda have to hit the breaks a bit and they usually clean themselves up..but this hasn't seem to work as of yet. it doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time. thanks in advance!!!

DA BOSS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rear squeal'n

Search the post around the site you will find lots of talk about this ... the best i can figure is that the rear rotor appears to have excessive play ... check yours to make sure this is the case. A couple of guys have had the rotor replaced under warranty other have fixed it up themselves. Too much play, as it is a floating disc, will cause this squeal. :confused:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sh$*#(*(*#

Just checked the rear rotor the fuc*** rivets in the rotor can be turned with the my hand and it movin and loose lika mutha....may stop by the stealership..but don't think it's gonna help!!!! Thank

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Go to the dealer and tell them that the rear rotor rivets have excessive play. Also tell them that the old rotor part number has been superceded with a new number, because Suzuki has realized the issue and corrected it with a better rotor. I got mine free when I told my local dealer. The ordered one in and literally handed it to me when it came in. Couldn't hurt to ask. Oh, and if they try to charge you for one, you can get a EBC rotor for right around the same price, and it looks a lot better than the stock one.

-Josh

G

·
Mine was feeling weird and the rotor was discolored, (hot black and blue) so I replaced the pads with the best they had, ($30.) and now its great. The oem pads were all melted looking and the slots between pads segments were all plugged up with material. Looked like pewter or pot metal. :doorag:
You might keep a close eye on it. That kind of pad build up and disc discoloration is usually from a warped rotor or excessive pad drag due to air in the line some kind of missalignment, or riding the brake peddle. Just taking it appart and putting it back on with new pads may have realigned everything, but it could hang up again. It's happened to a few others on here.

As to a squeeling problem, they make a pad dressing that you can find at any auto parts store. You spray it on the back of the pad and it stops the chatter that causes the squeel. Kinda like not being able to whistle with crackers in your mouth. I prevents the pad from vibrating and causing the harmonic squeel in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts