M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 109 and love everything about it except the rear brakes. The pads look fine and the rotor is mint but it stops terrible. The front brakes are incredible so I use them the most but sometimes I would like to balance them out. I was wondering if this is normal. Thanks.

Geoff

·
Registered
112 Posts
my back brake is useless too!

I only really use it as a parking break when I stop at lights to give my hand a rest...

anyone else?
Or are there any fixes?

·
Registered
140 Posts
check to see if your rotor is loose, meaning that there is a slight jiggle in it. My bike had it and i replaced the rotor and now its a little better as far as stopping power. but like you said the rear brake is pretty much just there to assist the front brake. The front brake if i remember right provides 70% of stopping during a stop when using both brakes.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The front brakes are your save-your. You want to keep the back tire stuck to the road. You brake the back tire loose and your in a world of hurt.

Dave

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
:agree: check the rotor and change the pads I changed mine right away to ebc makes more dust but at least my bike doesn't sound like a train stopping

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
What do you mean they are terrible? I find my back brake to be very strong and very easy to lock up the tire... :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
There is a recall on the back rotors. So if you never had it replaced check and see if your rotor is loose if so get it replaced for free!

·
Registered
112 Posts
What do you mean they are terrible? I find my back brake to be very strong and very easy to lock up the tire... :dontknow:
If you have everything stock and are able to lock them up, then I need to adjust something.

Thanks for posting this thread guys - I thought my brake was normal for a 9. I thought it was just a weight/momentum type of thing for this bike, as neither of the brakes compares anywhere near my old bike (CBR 1100rr) which was half the weight.

OK off to the garage - again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My brakes slow me down at best, but not even close to locking up. My last bike ( Katana 1100 ) would lock up easily. I also just thought it was a weight ratio thing. I will get the new pads and SS line and see. My rotor appears to be mint, hardly any wear at all.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I get my recalls from Suzuki in the snail mail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts