M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well boys I still have my bike. Have not had alot of time to ride it but the last time I washed my bike I found alot of play in my rear brake rotor, way too much. Contacted my dealer and was told bike out of warranty even though I have extended for 3 years. The rotor is not included in the extended warranty. I left a phone message with Zuzuki Canada over a week ago and still no call back. My dealer tried to get them to do a good will repair but they refused. I sent them an email tonight and I am waiting to see if they respond. I cannot beleive a bike with 4000 miles should have a nfg rotor. I am definately pissed with zuzuki. Will see if they respond to my email.
:verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
That rear brake rotor is a joke...I complained about mine from the first service...dealer kept telling me it was alright ..they gave me the run around till my warranty was over...can't believe they are ignoring this issue...they are selling a 800 lb missal with 1 brake...sounds like a law suit waiting to happen..I can,t believe this has not causes some accidents or even death already ....they kept telling me it was a floating disk and all the movement was normal..it. Just kept getting worse and they kept ignoring my complaint..Im gonna switch it out after this riding season and toss it through the farkin dealership window...I've had it with this bullchit:verymad:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rotor

Any ideas on which after market rotor to buy. I am sure there are a few of us looking for one. Who knows maybe group buy!:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Any ideas on which after market rotor to buy. I am sure there are a few of us looking for one. Who knows maybe group buy!:dontknow:
The galfers are sweet, and there might be some sort of group deal kicking around.

PS- Does the loose rotor cause brake squealing?

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Rear rotor

Serious squealing in my case...first 3-4 stops every time out...sounds like the subway rolling into union station with full flaps...gaffers are my next buy but they are out of chrome and I am on a waiting list..they have the ones with the black centers in stock

·
Registered
41 Posts
rear rotor

Hey Gashton,

Just went through the fight with them a few months back to no avail.

response from them was:

"Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

There are no outstanding recalls on your motorcycle and your motorcycle is currently outside of warranty parameters. There is a noise that can sometimes come from the rear disc. However, this is not a safety issue and is considered a characteristic of the vehicle.

We trust this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations - Relations à la clientèle
SUZUKI CANADA INC.
(905) 889-2677 ext. 2254 "

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Had my rear rotor replaced by the stealer under warranty :dontknow: New rotor had a different part # and had different fasteners, Hummm, 4600km on original,23000 km on replacement and still mint :bigthumbsup:. Also waiting on Galfers.... Azz's are closed down for the month of Aug. :edit:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Had my rear rotor replaced by the stealer under warranty :dontknow: New rotor had a different part # and had different fasteners, Hummm, 4600km on original,23000 km on replacement and still mint :bigthumbsup:. Also waiting on Galfers.... Azz's are closed down for the month of Aug. :edit:
Was it Newmarket Zuki that replaced your first rotor?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Yep, not even a fight :bigthumbsup:
That's funny...I was a about a month after you...they must have took some heat from upstairs after they switched yours out...I didn't know about the forum at the time and didn't know about the first part number problem...I must say I was very frustrated with them at the time...the service manager at the time had a hard time keeping a straight face while insisting there was no problems...shortly after my 4th time complaining I found the forum...and seen that people were getting them switched out under warranty I went back to complain one last time...they still insisted my rotor was fine...it took all my inner self control to keep myself from jumping over the counter and ripping this clowns head off... So they managed to give me the run around till my warranty lapsed...I guess I didn't bitch loud enough at the start..lesson learned..other than that episode,newmarket Suzuki has been great to deal with,I like the guys there..the original service manager left after my brake issue and the two guys since have been great...I should have gone straight to zuki after the first couple complaints...:verymad: I'm gonna bring this up with the new service manager next time I see him,I have a good relationship with him...just to let him know ....

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The owner is a great guy, name slips me now, but have had a few talks with him and said any problems look him up.^-^

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Had a good look at everything yesterday when i had my rear wheel off and replaced my 280 :tools: I Pulled the shaft/hub and drive off to lube and inspect. No signs of the idiot that rides this thing :yikes: Everything looked fine :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's weird how Suzuki Canada operates. I had my bike in to get a new exhaust under warranty and also asked about the squealing brake. I got the same answers as the rest of you about floating rotor crap. I sent an e-mail to Suzuki Canada the next day and within 2 days they replied and asked what dealer I deal with. Less than 2 days after that the dealer called and said to bring the bike back as Suzuki was replacing the rotor under warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts