M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a rear pad replacement P/N that will not squeak like the original. I've had enough. JOHN

·
Registered
443 Posts
Take the pads out and apply some brake squeak stop ( not sure of the actual name of it ). It is found in any auto parts store. Most of the squeak that you are probably hearing is pad vibrating against the brake piston. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been there and done that.....Sad but true. The pads have got to go. I just don't want to end up with the same thing. JOHN

G

·
I had the squealing problem also and removed the pads, sprayed on the stop squeal and re-installed while tacky. No problem since. While I was in the auto parts store I did notice another product which is sprayed on the rotors etc... It claims to fill in imperfections in the braking surface which can causes squeals....

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Congo said:
I had the squealing problem also and removed the pads, sprayed on the stop squeal and re-installed while tacky. No problem since. While I was in the auto parts store I did notice another product which is sprayed on the rotors etc... It claims to fill in imperfections in the braking surface which can causes squeals....
yes spray something on your rotors then you can't stop :yikes:

·
Registered
664 Posts
big69 said:
yes spray something on your rotors then you can't stop :yikes:
Hey, we didn't buy 109's to stop.. we bouth em to go :evil: :joke:

I used some of the standard everyday blue goo anti-squeel that I use on my cars and haven't heard a squel since.... make sure to leave it dry first....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts