M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up on something else to check before heading out for a ride. I was cleaning my bike just killing some time before heading out for a ride when i noticed the tiny spring which connects from your foot brake pedal to the brake light switch was dangling from the switch, it had come off the pedal. This gives you no brake light when using the foot pedal :verymad: Brake light will only work with hand leaver or front. Only takes a second or two to give it a flick and make sure its connected :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
22,675 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I loosened the foot rest bracket when installing my exhaust and the spring came unhooked. I didn't notice it until my wife told me it wasn't working.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know this is old as hell but my light only comes on with a HARD push of the brake pedal? any adjustment here?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Mine came this way from the dealer:verymad: I found that it wasn't connected the second day I had it

·
Radio Active Member
22,675 Posts
It's adjustable. If you look over the brake pedal you'll see a threaded rod with a spring attached to it. Loosen the nuts on the rod and adjust it up or down as needed. I think it pulls down to activate the switch, so you would need to move the rod up a little.

I'm probably wrong on the direction, but you'll figure it out. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts