M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have most of you left this in the stock position, or have you rotated it forward like I did?

In the stock position, I had to ride with my big (size 14) foot sideways on the peg, which was VERY uncomfy on a short 200 mile ride.

I rotated it forward/clockwise/down and now my discomfort has been solved.
I laugh at one bike magazine which stated that you had to disassemble this all the way down to the spline in order to adjust it. It was more like "loosen 2 bolts, decide where you want it, tighten 2 bolts"....

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yeah, that was one of the FIRST things I did, wearing a size 16, I FEEL YOUR PAIN... or at least felt it...

Now it is rotated downwards... can easily apply it and it works great still... just NOT IN THE WAY...

It is funny though, when I first did it, at speed it felt as if the brake was pushing against the foot, thought it was loose and pulled over to check...

Figured out eventually it was just the massive wind hitting the boot... trying to push my foot off... now I just put more pressure on the peg and am fine :)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I tried last night but it would NOT come off the spline. If I tried harder I may have done it but I would have either Bled, or scratched my bike. One is acceptable the other not. Since I could not be sure I reassembled it all and rode today.

I figure I have 2 more trips left in my little scraper pegs... but only 1 trip left im my right boot heel

Sledzep

G

·
I've tried both ways. I have a size 13 boot and at first I removed the lever and rotated it forward until it was even with the peg. This felt better when riding but made breaking with the rear a bit of a stretch. I recently removed the lever again and bent it in a vise as suggested by Lamont. Now I can slip the boot under the lever or ride with the right foot out slightly. Much better.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
That is till way too far up. I only want my foor to be more horizontal so that the peg feeler scrapes before my heel like on the right side.

Thnx though

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I first sat on it in the showroom I told the dealer when I bought it to rotate it. I have a size 15 and it just was to far up. They moved it I think a couple of splines, now I can rest my foot on the stock peg and it doesn't bother my foot. I have to push with a little more effort because of the position, but it is allot more comfortable. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Beezel said:
When I first sat on it in the showroom I told the dealer when I bought it to rotate it. I have a size 15 and it just was to far up. They moved it I think a couple of splines, now I can rest my foot on the stock peg and it doesn't bother my foot. I have to push with a little more effort because of the position, but it is allot more comfortable. :doorag:
I did the same with my dealer.... they said they would see if they could... they did not. They suck like a black hole

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I had that issue with my dealer.
They finally moved it during the first service and it's been smooth sailing ever since.
I like being able to have my feet even on the pegs. It is a more natural riding position for me, and my legs (even though they're short for a 6'4" freak) are plenty long enough to make the rear brake useful.

·
Registered
665 Posts
My dealer said it would be"no problem"! I'll see when I pick it up sometime this week. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I didn't say it was the greatest but it works for now. I wear a brace on my ankle no movement possible and yes I agree it is to high, but I will proablly just bend the old one, maybe should have done that first but oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts