M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out to put the bike in the garage and it was idling at around 2000-2200rpms???

Is there a way of resetting the power commander by chance?
Just trying to figure out what could be causing this. Any input is appreciated.
Dave

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
my bike has had a slightly high idle a handful of times, but i find that when it happens i have started the bike without letting it complete it's "startup cycle". next time that happens turn your bike off and restart it again but be sure to allow the bike to fully complete it's cycle and see what happens.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Mine didnt do it till

I installed the Cobra 2000 and yes windycityrider, turning it off and starting again fixed it, and not waiting for the startup cycle seems to affect the FI management system upgrades.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I installed the Cobra 2000 and yes windycityrider, turning it off and starting again fixed it, and not waiting for the startup cycle seems to affect the FI management system upgrades.
Now that was why the salesperson at the dealer was so 'Jumpy' on the first day I took my 9 from him. I turned the key on and was about to start when he got so excited and told me that I have to wait for the 'startup cycle' to finished before starting.:D

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
my bike has had a slightly high idle a handful of times, but i find that when it happens i have started the bike without letting it complete it's "startup cycle". next time that happens turn your bike off and restart it again but be sure to allow the bike to fully complete it's cycle and see what happens.
:agree:100%

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup..I was in a hurry and didnt let it cycle. BUt that still doesent tell me why it idles at about 1100 instead of 900 like its supposed to? Only when I pull in the clutch is when it drops to 900.

Not a big deal...just wish I could lower it.

THanks guys!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Yup..I was in a hurry and didnt let it cycle. BUt that still doesent tell me why it idles at about 1100 instead of 900 like its supposed to? Only when I pull in the clutch is when it drops to 900.

Not a big deal...just wish I could lower it.

THanks guys!
I feel the same way. I wish it would idle around 6-800.:bigthumbsup: Mine goes higher and lower in the range of 900-1100 too.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Mine does that same thing. If I don't let it complete the cycle then it starts at around 2000 rpm. When i am sitting at a light it idles at around 900-1100. Until I pull the clutch in then it goes to a nice and low 600-800. Wish I could keep it low, because I don't want to be sitting there holding the clutch. Maybe one of the super mechanical guys on this site can drop us a hint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts