M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I saw a thread a while back 'bout racin a 600 yet, well I've seen it done! My oldest rides an R1, my youngest rides a gixxer 600. One thing leads to another and its ,Hey dad can I race Eric on your 109? So here we go, I've got an almost perfect 1/8 mile in front of my house(just a tad short). OK we're all lined up, flag drops , the 109 is out and the gixxer6 is up--- waaay up. OK net serve, do over. This time young one feathers the clutch better and keeps it down, BUT by the time he can hammer down for real my 109 is at the finish line, older bro. is LHAO. Younger excuses out and they line up again--mighty roar-- again 109 is waitin' on gixxer! This continues for five runs with the same outcome each time 109 spanks gixxer. OK, alright, the truth:The 109 got to the end first every run, BUT don't race one on a distance slightly LONGER than we did cuz you'll lose! 109 crossed the line at about 70 mph, the gixxer hit it at almost 100! Facts in the case; oldest son IS a drag racer, younger one is a street RIDER but a good one. My 109 is bare stock as is the gixxer (axcept for a slip-on Akro.pipe) Yep, me proud papa, of a new M109R---and the kids too!! :joke:

·
Registered
23 Posts
That was a great story! I got one for ya's. Yesterday I was riding with some friends. One rides a '02 R6, the others were on '93ish Katana 750's. I have about a 1000 miles on my 109R so I thought it was about time to see what it can do. Just screwing around at first I would take off hard from a light and see all 3 in my mirrors. Then they would all of a sudden fly by me like maverick in top-gun. I knew who was the fastest out of those 3 bikes, it's definitely the '02 R6. I figure if I'm going to really test my 109 I'm picking the fastest one of the bunch. I bring him to a stop, by this time he knew what I wanted, so we line up. With my blood pumping hard with adrenalin I knew I would take him off the line but how far could I actually go. The flag goes up I tighten my grip and give her a little juice, with the clutch still in. The flag drops, I let the clutch out with authority as the tire breaks loose my front end jumps up about 18 inches or so. With out delay I grab 2nd barley letting off the throttle to shift and as smooth as silk she's in. With a hand full of throttle I'm in 3rd, 4th and then 5th I take look and at About 75 mph the R6 catches up pretty quickly, then walks away from me with out a problem. By the time I look at my speed again he was a bike length ahead at approx.115-120 mph. The race was over, I had him up to 75-80 mph. Probably an 1/8 of a mile or so.
Afterwards we stop at a local coffee shop and reminisced they couldn't believe that my V-duce did a wheelie. In fact they still think I'm hidding 2 cylinders somewhere. I said ssh don't tell my 109R that she's a V-twin. Ha! Ha! cuz she don't know it. Wow what fun. Like someone else said "all the fun is under 100 mph, with in-line 4's it's over 100". Take me to the track! I'm ready to go. :doorag:

·
Registered
343 Posts
COOL STORY! Thanks! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I tried to tell everyone a couple weeks back, but nooooooo, noone would believe me. I don't care if it's a 600 or 1000, the average guy can't launch a sportbike hard - they're just not setup to launch. And BTW, in the real world, if the competition loops it, you win! We already know the sportbike is faster, so the only thing we have going is that we have a better redlight to redlight (1/8 mile) platform. Take your wins and savor them. If they say "if we went further...", just say "no shit red rider".

·
Registered
326 Posts
Windog said:
Dem sport things got no torque,but dey do go like the devil on high end.
You have never rode a Hayabusa have you.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
One of the guys I work with has on '03(?) Busa thats been fully race mod'd.. He dyno's around 185hps and 160ft/lbs I believe he said. In fact, last week he said he was getting too old so he was planning on tuning it back down lower than factory just for safety sake.. and regardless of how much I like this bike I REALLY don't think its going to take the likes of a Busa for any distance whatsoever... provided the person on the Busa knows what they are doing.

But as always, this is just an opinion... and much like an anus its stinky and full of danger!

·
Registered
52 Posts
BigBoreBiker said:
You have never rode a Hayabusa have you.
Actually, I owned an 05 Busa with several mods. I must say at an 1/8th mile that the 109 is hard to beat (not impossible, but hard). The Busa is definately "King". A friend of mine has a ZX-12 and runs well with the 109 until I hit around 80-95 :bigthumbsup:. Then all I see is exhaust :mad:. On the Busa we would run within 1/2 bike of each other (depending on who got the jump).

I need more power on the 109Â :evil:Â They would never see us coming :hot:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Flem,

Have you done the harness mod that Mania posted to prevent the ECM from retarding the timing? If not that is apparently a huge power booster. Can't say for myself yet.

D

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am waiting for it now. I ordered it from JSP....Should be here this week :bigthumbsup:. I had one on my busa, and holy****. Big difference.... :clap2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts