M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had read the oil thread before I picked up my bike. Mentioned over filling to the dealer said he would talk to the preper "yea yea we did it right it was alittle low so we added some yea 15min then 3min rest and checked it, its good to go". Should have qued me but no. Went for my first good ride to day and quess what I am at a gas station dripping oil left airbox oil comming out of dip stick hole just like the thread. Now I am sucking oil out and trying to make sure my level is right. Got her home took of the box cleaned out all the oil. What fun. I really do love this bike, really do. Saw no mention of possible damage in the oil thread. Is my bike ok or do I need to talk to these not so smart dealer guys about it. I think if your going to sell them you should be able to prep them correctly. Main question is my baby okay put about 100 miles on her before I found the problem?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
jeeez. these dealerships are sorry! if it were me, i'd take it back and insist on talking to the owner of the dealership. explain to him how the mechanics blew you off, then lied to you.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah... definitely speak to the owners and tell them what happened. Totally unexcusable.

Here's how stupid MY dealer is -- they guy who prepped mine filled mine perfectly. It was the first one he assembled. He then proceeded to overfill the next TWO he assembled. Same dude. I was there when they brought one of them in on a trailer.

I am wondering -- has anybody who got an overfill checked their plugs for fouling? I would think there must have been some of blowby from that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
would the bike that came in on trailer a black one?
talked to a guy down at the roadhouse (near neoga) and he had oil all over his he then told me story of getting his bike at **** and how he got few miles away and had it towed back to shop because they over filled it
he lives near charleston
Bruce

·
Registered
817 Posts
VeeHa said:
would the bike that came in on trailer a black one?
talked to a guy down at the roadhouse (near neoga) and he had oil all over his he then told me story of getting his bike at **** and how he got few miles away and had it towed back to shop because they over filled it
he lives near charleston
Bruce
YES, that's the one!

Do you live in this area? Have you purchased an M yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts