M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in pgh pa, and need to find out where to go to buy, leathers, and designer fabrics. for instance I want to two tone my seat with white leather, and silver luois vuitton. I have no idea where to buy this stuff

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
PJ, check out Joann Fabrics. They have a decent selection of vinyls, and may be able to get the leather. Or go to an upholstery shop and ask if they can get it for you.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I live in pgh pa, and need to find out where to go to buy, leathers, and designer fabrics. for instance I want to two tone my seat with white leather, and silver luois vuitton. I have no idea where to buy this stuff
Seems like a easy "google" to me. I'm sure you have lots of suppliers in your area. Good luck with your search!

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Check the yellow pages for upholstery places also. And I would think that alot of them can even do it for you. Some might be better the others so check around.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Try a marine store, They have some of the toughest vinyl and weather resistant materials............Mold and mildew resistant as well.....

I just painted mine. A guy at the toy run came up and wondered what I did , he couldn't believe it was paint. I am a sucker for a fine line...........Just make sure it isn't humid where ya paint. It will suck the shine right out of the paint. LOL I had to do one seat twice.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try a marine store, They have some of the toughest vinyl and weather resistant materials............Mold and mildew resistant as well.....

I just painted mine. A guy at the toy run came up and wondered what I did , he couldn't believe it was paint. I am a sucker for a fine line...........Just make sure it isn't humid where ya paint. It will suck the shine right out of the paint. LOL I had to do one seat twice.....
What kind of paint and prep went into making your seats so nice?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
maybe i am just stupid lol. I was having a hard time finding anything.
Hey PJ. Good to hear from ya again. The guys are going to the Cleveland IMS show on Saturday. Come to the Show and you'll find all types of custom and shelved good for riding and bikes. I don't remember seeing any custom fabric places though, but that's what BaldyLatino is for.:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
What kind of paint and prep went into making your seats so nice?
Thanks and first thing is, clean the seats real good before ya start. Then I used a primer/adhesion promoter they call it. It remains semi fluid and tacky and ya spray the paint within a nfew minutes after spraying it. The paint has vinyl in it and it bonds with the primer to become one. The sticky primer bonds with the seats real well. They say no cracking peeling or rubbing off. I have had no problems with mine so far. The primer and paint I used was by dupli color. Rustoleum makes good stuff also.......... And do a good job with the fine line taping. Make sure one color is dry real good before shooting a second color, or the tape will pull the previous paint right off, LOL And dont paint when humid or paint inside a temp controlled shop or the likes......Sucks the shine right out of the paint......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey PJ. Good to hear from ya again. The guys are going to the Cleveland IMS show on Saturday. Come to the Show and you'll find all types of custom and shelved good for riding and bikes. I don't remember seeing any custom fabric places though, but that's what BaldyLatino is for.:bigthumbsup:
I have messaged him multiple times, I never heard back from him.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks and first thing is, clean the seats real good before ya start. Then I used a primer/adhesion promoter they call it. It remains semi fluid and tacky and ya spray the paint within a nfew minutes after spraying it. The paint has vinyl in it and it bonds with the primer to become one. The sticky primer bonds with the seats real well. They say no cracking peeling or rubbing off. I have had no problems with mine so far. The primer and paint I used was by dupli color. Rustoleum makes good stuff also.......... And do a good job with the fine line taping. Make sure one color is dry real good before shooting a second color, or the tape will pull the previous paint right off, LOL And dont paint when humid or paint inside a temp controlled shop or the likes......Sucks the shine right out of the paint......
Do you ride alot, does the seat see alot of abuse and wear? just wondering how the paint holds up

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I have messaged him multiple times, I never heard back from him.
If you haven't done it recently you might try again. He had a very bad fall off a ladder a few months ago. his wife posted a thread on here. I've seen him post on here a couple times very recently but not sure if he's back to making them.

Also this might be a question you want to ask Gino. he used a local guy.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts