M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got my raw pipe today. When I went to install I had both header pipes on and then I ran into a problem. The Header coming from the front cylinder (closest to the handle bars) the heat shield is to tight on the pipe and I can not slide the muffler onto being the heat shield is touching it. Any way to do this? also the clamps on the headers are they there to keep the shield my moving and lastly are there no clamps to tighten the muffler to the header pipes? HELP ASAP. anything would be great!

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I am not sure what the answers are to your questions, because I am still waiting on my Raw Pipe to be delivered. Did you recently purchase your pipe as part of a Group Buy that was being conducted on the Tech board, which were orginally slated for delivery dates of mid June to everyone that made a purchase? Please let me know, because I have been calling Ron and sending him emails for the last couple of weeks, but I haven't been able to make contact with him. As a matter of fact, I had just tried to call him just before I logged on to this forum a few mintues ago. As usual, all I got was his answering machine. I was informed that there may be some family matters that he is attending to, which would explain his not responding. :dontknow: He is a pretty nice guy, and it is not like him to avoid folks...especially those that have paid a lot of money for one of the Raw pipes.

Let me know if you were part of that Group Buy.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts