M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Raw Design Swing-arm cover this afternoon, and went for a ride tonite. After riding awhile, we stop at a coffee shop. EVERYONE was admiring the bike, when I noticed that the cover was all bent to sh1t:mad:. What gives??????. Looking at the other side on the shaft cover(suzuki), it had snap off and if it wasn't for the clamp, it would had fallen off:-\:-\. Anyone ever encounter this kind of situation???

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
:dontknow:....Air ride too low on the ride, or shock going bad, causing something underneath to hit the swingarm? Catch a pothole? Run over something? :dontknow:

·
Registered
465 Posts
now that I thought about it, we went through some rough pavements last night, but I thought the cover moves with the swingarm. Let me take a pic or two...
It does. There is only 1 way / place this can happen. If the top, forward part of the cover contacts the frame as the swingarm moves vertically, that'll do it. You need to check a couple things:
1) Are the spacers behind the cover in the right locations?
2) Is the vertical adjustment of the cover correct.
3) Are there Lowering bones on the bike?

If #3 is true, you can either try and "tweak" the bend of the cover, or grind out a small notch where the interference occurs on the frame. Have a BIG friend bounce on the back of the bike while you visually check these clearances. Keep you fingers away if you want to keep them.:joke: Any problems, give us a call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts