M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried the LED wheel kit? if so, any problems? im thinking about getting me a set. heres a link to what im talking about

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
has anyone tried the LED wheel kit? if so, any problems? im thinking about getting me a set. heres a link to what im talking about

are you talking about the actual wheels with the led's built inside of them?
or the led kit that just includes the flexi strips and power puc that you install yourself? there is a big difference between the two with price being the biggest one of all. :dontknow:

if you are talking about the actual LED Fireball wheels, then i believe Hustle Man has them on here and people got to see them at the meet last year.

Got em', love em', customer service has been great. PM if you have any questions.
i think what the OP was referring to was the actual Fireball Wheels. But I am not sure.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i understand what you mean. in the subject line to his OP he just put led wheels, then in the thread he mentions the kit, and finally he adds the video link and "here's a link to what im talking about"

the video is for RD's Fireball Wheels and not the kit so I wanted to be sure the OP knew that there are two version of the led wheels. two different prices and two slightly different looks between the two as well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Actually if the kit was installed on a set of chromed or polished stockers, there isnt much of a difference between the 2. A lot cheaper also. The only difference is in their rims they cut a recessed channel for the led strip to set in to so they are a little but more stealth. The actual lights, wiring and power pucs are exactly the same.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Actually if the kit was installed on a set of chromed or polished stockers, there isnt much of a difference between the 2. A lot cheaper also. The only difference is in their rims they cut a recessed channel for the led strip to set in to so they are a little but more stealth. The actual lights, wiring and power pucs are exactly the same.
i disagree. the recessed channel allows for the led strips to be hidden which makes a HUGE difference in the appearance of the wheels when they are off so the strips are not just sticking out there. when you order the actual LED wheels from Raw Design you have the option of adding various colors of LED's into the wheel's channels and offer a unique look. there are also options of various wheel designs and cuts and a layering of the lights, such is the case in Hustle Man's wheels. they look totally different from a kit install.
quite different from just sticking some flexi-strips on a stock set of wheels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry guys, i was talking about the $650 kit that goes on the stock wheels, i dont think i am up for spending 4500 on the their wheels. just wanted to see how reliable they were and how it handles water(the puc) before i go waster 650. you know what i mean? thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
372 Posts
No, bought it during bike week when they were doing free installs. Did have to change the front puc out though and wasnt to bad. As long as you have the ability to pull your wheels and follow their directions it isnt that bad. for the Stock wheels you have to drill one hole for the wires for the inner puc, the stock holes on the rims work fine for the rest. Good thing is that it comes with the remote and controller so when you want to add engine dress up leds later you can just buy basic leds and wire them in to the circuit. That way the effects will work for the whole package.

·
Registered
319 Posts
man I dont know about you but watching that video got me hype up:D i have to see about buying those.:D:D
:agree:I wanna go do burnouts now! who's bike can i borrow? i dont wanna ruin my clutch

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
They look cool. Hustlemans has them and came to last years meet and drove around the parking lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts