M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the Raw Design Forward Control for my M109. Took the bike to Motions Suzuki in Marietta GA. Recieved a call from them. They have been working on it for 4 hours and they cannot get it to work. This part did not come with any instructions. The mechanic is saying that the shifter rod is hitting and allow the bike to shift gears. Has anyone done this or have any idea how to get this to work?

I bought the part from DLP.

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Forward controls

I have the same FC. from DLP, the shift lever and the brake lever are adjustable. u must take off the center allen screw and adjust one click or two. reinstall the allen screw with some thread tight Blue. If that don't work, when they put on the shift rod, it must be set correctly. Good Luck

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the Raw Design forward controls. Install was not difficult at all, but I did have issues with the shift rod hitting exactly like you describe. Bike would not shift properly. Other than taking some time to get it right, it was a pretty easy fix. I had to put two bends in the shift rod to allow for enough clearance shifting up and down. I have about 1500k on the controls and the shifting is still perfect.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys.

I just got off the phone with David from DLP, after about 4 hours of trying to get them on the mechanic said he could not. After all this I talked to David of dlp,this ****** tell me they sent me the wrong parts.They sent me the hard ware for the Honda fury. Instead of 1 hour of labor at the suzuki shop im up to 4 hours and the bike is not finished. i had to call Raw design for them to ship me the correct hardware. David of Dlp would not.He said it was raw design fault,rd said it was dlp fault,but they would ship the correct hardware.What a bunch of bullsh8t. I have bought a lot of parts from dlp, but will never buy anything from there again.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
How many threads do you have to start to bash a forum sponsored vendor..It's getting old...Your complaint should be with the stealer that took 4 hours to jerk you around.:a20:

·
Registered
655 Posts
The dealer didn't send him the wrong parts and then refuse to send the correct parts. The dealer only tried to install the parts he supplied them and told them would fit. Looks like DLP's fault to me. They should ship you the correct parts and either pay labor for the extra time or give you store credit for the same amount.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The dealer didn't send him the wrong parts and then refuse to send the correct parts. The dealer only tried to install the parts he supplied them and told them would fit. Looks like DLP's fault to me. They should ship you the correct parts and either pay labor for the extra time or give you store credit for the same amount.
So you think 4 hours isn't a little long to figure out they didn't fit.:doh:I can damn near disassemble my entire bike in that time. DLP doesn't make these parts they come in sealed package from Raw design they are the shipper.Sounds like it's Raws fault.Chris said in his other bashing post that he would make it good.This is his second post on this matter and it is getting old.You need do do a little more reading.Just sayin.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
So you think 4 hours isn't a little long to figure out they didn't fit.:doh:I can damn near disassemble my entire bike in that time. DLP doesn't make these parts they come in sealed package from Raw design they are the shipper.Sounds like it's Raws fault.Chris said in his other bashing post that he would make it good.This is his second post on this matter and it is getting old.You need do do a little more reading.Just sayin.
:agree:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts