M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Raw Design clear tube rear turn signals and brake light. I need to know how to hook up the wires, im not up on electrical things. My lights from Raw design have a yellow wire and a black wire on one side, the other side has a yellow wire and a red wire. Any help would be greatly appericated. :dontknow:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does anyone have the Raw Design clear tube rear turn signals and brake light. I need to know how to hook up the wires, im not up on electrical things. My lights from Raw design have a yellow wire and a black wire on one side, the other side has a yellow wire and a red wire. Any help would be greatly appericated. :dontknow:
black wire is the ground, the red wire is brake light, yellow wires are the turn signals. Did you get a load equalizer, or electronic flasher? If not your lights will flash very quickly.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i didnt, what should i get? thanks dave its people like you that make this forum great.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I have that signal light set up, but not with the brake light! And I do not have the load eq. Which does make my signals flash faster, but it sure does draw attention! Which to me is the hole point, so i've left them alone! Plus I have the brake light modual, which makes my brake light flash 5 times everytime I hit my brakes. And my son who rides with me says it crazy, being behind me when I have brakes on and signaling!

·
Registered
159 Posts
you can get any load equalizer, they are easy to install. as far as being seen, I installed a Whelen 6 LED strobe (the 3/4 x 2") like the ones you see on police cars or fire trucks. It has 22 flash patterns. I put one on my bike, Blakester71's and Revlo3's bike. They are stupid bright.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, not sure which way im gonna go im not electrically inclined. I have to have someone to tell me to this wire to that wire, kinda dumb it down for me.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I've got them but I dont remember which wire goes where. :dontknow: I'm about to go out and start putting my air-ride on. I'll see what I can figure out.

·
Registered
423 Posts
With the turn signals it shouldn't matter + from - as long as left is left abdominal right is right. I just did a quick test with wires twisted together to make sure before mounted. This was not with the raw design setup though so not sure if helps

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, i have a good friend thats an electrican i guess i could ask him to look at it. I just dont want to screw anything up, rather be safe than sorry. I would think for 185.00 they could afford to send so installilation instructions that a dummy like me could understand.lol I do thank everone for trying to help.THANKS DeWayne

1 - 9 of 9 Posts