M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my bike has been at the dealer for 3 days with the issues of drop of gas mileage from 160 to 120 4.1gal possible burning oil. Dropped it off 9:00 am they said if I got it in early they could possibly get out that day. Well the second day around 4:30 I passed my bike on the road and I called and they said they wanted to take it for a 50mi test drive that was the extent of the 2nd day and today I stopped in around 5:30. Well they said they could not find anything wrong, I ask did you pressure test the tank, they said they could not how it is designed. The extent of the fuel problem questions was answered with speculation that it is evaporation. The oil was checked Oh its fine. When asking them questions they said maybe I am just worrying to much and need to ride it. Stay off the internet and forums like this because it is 99% BS. Oh really i say, how did I know about the coolant leak between the heads, he didn't say anything. I spoke with Suzuki before taking the bike in and they said they would check the entire bike. yeah right, they spoke with Suzuki today and they told them to keep my bike and put 100mi on it to see what is what (BS) Told them no and I would pick it up tomorrow. One guy there said why don't you leave it I'd like to go riding this weekend, I told him to buy his own. ioqwbvy2vg :swear: :swear: :realmad: :swear: :realmad: :swear: :realmad: :swear: :realmad: :swear: :realmad: :swear: :realmad: :swear: :realmad: :swear: :realmad: :swear:

OK I am alittle calmer, I need to find a motorcycle mechanic school to go at night and I am going to talk to Suzuki for what it is worth about attending their school on the M109. I have had a belly full of condisending, swaging, lazy and incompetent people working on my bike. Yes this is my first bike and I really don't know shit, but I can learn and learn I will. I am getting the SDS tool and software for the bike at the end of Sept, ordered it today. They should be glad Hitler lost the war because he had a cure for incompetence.

You may notice I have a Bibical quote for a signature, because I believe in God does that make me immune from being angry I wish, I am not perfect. I should not judge others, God and Jesus is the Judge of us all, sometimes I just want to arrange the meeting, does that make me evil, no just human, I would be evil if I actually did it.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I feel your pain, but HA!
3 days???
My dealer had my bike for 11 before they overnighted my clutch parts!! total of 13 days.
I could give you a laundry list of crap about my dealer but my head would explode!

Really, I am sorry for you

Sledzep

G

·
Bear, Sorry to hear that your dealer is not servicing you the way you would like. I think you have the right attitude though. If they won't do it, you will learn and do it right yourself. This board will teach you plenty. I have heard the same rhetoric from dealers about how the internet forums are breeding grounds for BS. I have learned more from these boards than anywhere else in my years of riding. Keep hanging out here and you will learn plenty. Whatever you don't know, chances are someone else will.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I wonder if they're told to say that.I dropped mine off yesterday for the coolant leak(it was running down the side when I pulled it in!!)and told them what it was.They said no,that's not what it is.I told them...yeah,99.6% of the people on the net have had this problem.That's when they tell me I need to stay off the "gossip box" cuz there's too much bad info!!Sooooo,hope they get me doctored up soon.(BTW,they have a great wrench back there!!)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I really apperciate the support :bigthumbsup: I thought I would try to get my mind off it and repair a toilet, had the wrong part and went to Lowe's and I ran in to the guy that said Please leave your bike I would like to ride this weekend. So I ask him his title and he is the owner of the shop, I told him I thought his comments was condescending wrong and places like this is the only way to get knowledge if you have no experience, he apologized saying he just wanted me to not sweet the little stuff and ride the bike Had a long talk with him and I have come to a conclusion by his comments.

If the bike isn't malfunctioning Major they really don't investigate. The reason is the are afraid of getting paid and if they tear in to something and find nothing they charge the customer which I say could be a battle. But that was not discussed, heck just for peace of mind I would pay them if they found nothing wrong, but in the back of my mind I would wonder if they even checked it in the first place. God must have arranged the meeting because I am no longer mad, its like if you play a game and expect it to be a certain way and its not and it angers you. Now I know, I don't agree with it or like it or think it is right or even fair, but my eyes are open now.

Taz the only internal kinda mods I have done is drill out 2 baffles top and bottom, going to take them out this weekend though. I ordered the sds tool in hopes of major tweakabliilty. This is my Research and Development contribution to this board. I have talked to Lamont about it and when I get it we are going to hook up, he doesn't live that far away. With his knowledge he will be able to see the tweakness of the program, I have high hopes.

Taz the response to your message on Ride video about the misunderstanding we had, I realized that one thing was missing to my last response to you is I'm Sorry, that should have been at the first of the message.

Thanks to God and this site, I'm cool with this now.

Peace all, good night.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi BEAR
The coolannt leak between the heads is a common issue and dont worry about it--it comes from the vibration this bike has when accelerating--which I also suspect is also the cause of alot fo people including myself having some clutch problems bith major and minor.Things are getting real loose from all that vibration as the miles stack up.

G

·
BearCom said:
Thanks guys I really apperciate the support :bigthumbsup: I thought I would try to get my mind off it and repair a toilet, had the wrong part and went to Lowe's and I ran in to the guy that said Please leave your bike I would like to ride this weekend. So I ask him his title and he is the owner of the shop, I told him I thought his comments was condescending wrong and places like this is the only way to get knowledge if you have no experience, he apologized saying he just wanted me to not sweet the little stuff and ride the bike Had a long talk with him and I have come to a conclusion by his comments.

If the bike isn't malfunctioning Major they really don't investigate. The reason is the are afraid of getting paid and if they tear in to something and find nothing they charge the customer which I say could be a battle. But that was not discussed, heck just for peace of mind I would pay them if they found nothing wrong, but in the back of my mind I would wonder if they even checked it in the first place. God must have arranged the meeting because I am no longer mad, its like if you play a game and expect it to be a certain way and its not and it angers you. Now I know, I don't agree with it or like it or think it is right or even fair, but my eyes are open now.

Taz the only internal kinda mods I have done is drill out 2 baffles top and bottom, going to take them out this weekend though. I ordered the sds tool in hopes of major tweakabliilty. This is my Research and Development contribution to this board. I have talked to Lamont about it and when I get it we are going to hook up, he doesn't live that far away. With his knowledge he will be able to see the tweakness of the program, I have high hopes.

Taz the response to your message on Ride video about the misunderstanding we had, I realized that one thing was missing to my last response to you is I'm Sorry, that should have been at the first of the message.

Thanks to God and this site, I'm cool with this now.

Peace all, good night.
No problem Bro. I know some the guys who have put the PCIII have seen a drop in milage and that is to be expected to some degree until it is totally dialed in on a dyno by someone.

Can you smell fuel from the pipes, I mean if it was running rich real rich you should be able to smell fuel.

I wonder if you got ahold of some bad fuel. I have first hand exprience with stations having problems getting certain fuel grades and they put additives in a lower grade to prevent knocking and the fuel just dosent perform as well. Sounds like you are in a smaller town with the dealer being far away. May try to get fuel from another station and check that tank to see if there are any variances.

Keep us posted!

TAZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.