M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamont and I rode up to Lake George yesterday.  We got 158 miles per tank and our gas lights came on within seconds of each other.  They took 4.1 gallons each.  So that means we got 40 mpg and if pressed could have gotten about 200 miles out of the tank.

And it would have been even better if the speed was kept down and at an even throttle.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I loved my VTX but by comparison to the 109R its range is quite poor. With those big 56mm throttle bodies waiting to suck my tank dry I was really surprised to get 330 kms (200 miles) out of my first tank of gas. This is outstanding.
This starts to put it into tourer country. :p

·
Registered
355 Posts
Been getting 39 since the first service. My old Vulcan 1500 was getting 40+ but was nearly as much fun!!

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
got 170 miles on my last tank, best yet. Figures about 43mpg. If I ride very hard though it stays in the mid 30's

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Is it just me or is the fuel gauge off?

I was well into 100 miles driven and I was only down 1 bar on the fuel gauge from full.
I stopped to top off and put 2.9 gallons back in. SO I should have had only 2 gallons of fuel left.

Shouldn't I have been at like 1 or 2 bars on the LED gauge?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yeah in a perfect world then that would be correct, but unfortunately it is not perfect. :confused: I read some threads on here that said because of the shape of the tank and the design of the float it made it hard to have an accurate reading. Especially when the bike was FULL on gas. I guess it's just something that we'll have to keep an eye on and rely more on odometer readings than gas gauge. :eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I.ve been doing the math converting US gallons to litres and miles to kilometers (now my head hurts). My figures are around the same as yours, Hal. Outstanding I agree considering the wide variation in throttle use from flat out on the country roads to nice and legal around the burbs.

Johnno

1 - 13 of 13 Posts