M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Can't help you on that one bro. I told the wife that after nearly 17 years, she's got to pay ME to leave. Maybe someone else in the area will chime in. Wishing you the best.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your obsession with modifications finally got to her? Sorry to hear that bro! :mad:
Nothing to be sorry about. We've been seperated longer than together. Just need to grow up and be as single on paper as I act in person.
Only good thing out of this marriage, two great kids.

She's never seen the new Misses

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I've been there and done that. Sorry to hear you have to go through the same. I don't know the laws in your state but here's what I did. I talked to two divorce lawyers here in Florida. Both said a simple uncontested divorce with "NO" children involved would run me between $9000. to $12,000. At that time 15 years ago it was suggested to me by a friend to do it myself with a divorce kit which I found in the legal document section of Office Depot. I think it cost about $30.00. I followed the directions and submitted the paperwork at the courthouse which required some papers notarized and some special stamps provided at the courthouse. I then was given a date about six weeks later to meet with a judge in private chamber with my now ex-wife. He asked each one if we were both in agreement on the items we were dividing up and if we wished to go through with the divorce. We agreed and he said OK. It took about 5 minutes for the whole thing. Then I paid a processing charge by the county court house for around $450.00. All total it cost me around $500.00. A long way from what the Lawyers told me. I'm sure you can find documents like that at Legalzoom.com. If you have kids it's a whole different story. There's an old saying, "You never know your Wife till you meet here in Court".
I got lucky on my second wife. Fourteen years without any regrets. A truly special woman. I hope you don't get tainted from this experience. There are truly wonderfully people out there and in time I'm sure you will find someone who will make this current situation forgettable.
Best of luck :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I will get you 1 of the best
I need to get to my office tomorrow if you can send me a PM to remind me

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Off the subject. Every time I head to Raleigh to see my kids. I want to bring the bike and meet up with you guys for a ride. Kinda hard when there are two seats and three butts. I know my daughter would love the ride and see other bikes like Daddy's

·
Registered
159 Posts
after 19 years, we have decided that we are only together for the kids........neither one of us wants custody of them.......:a20:

Just kidding!!!! Blakester knows that she has me wrapped!!!!!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Off the subject. Every time I head to Raleigh to see my kids. I want to bring the bike and meet up with you guys for a ride. Kinda hard when there are two seats and three butts. I know my daughter would love the ride and see other bikes like Daddy's
you better come see me next time you're down here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts