M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a set of Rainey's pipes do a decibel reading? What with our well thought out and not-discriminatory-at-all motorcycle exhaust law, I'm wondering if I need to rethink my plans...

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
sucks about those pesky laws up there.

PM tulsarider he has one. not sure if he has done anything like that but he does own one.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
swatcop owns one as well. you can also try PM'ing him. he posted a video of the pipes not too long ago.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have not done a decibel reading but its been on my mind. I will check with a couple stealers I deal with and see if they can do it for me b4 the weekend

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have a Revo Cannon 5. I have not done a decibal reading on the pipe. I think that Rainey has done one. You might be able to PM him. The pipe is really not abnoxiously loud like the Roadhouse slipon pipes that I had before.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rainey got back to me already: he says that they run between 92-94db, while the stock pipe is 86-88db. Not bad as the Edmonton bylaw is 92 db idle, 96 db engaged. Rainey also said that they can easily modify the pipe to produce more or less db. Good to know. I'm running out of excuses to not buy this pipe.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Rainey got back to me already: he says that they run between 92-94db, while the stock pipe is 86-88db. Not bad as the Edmonton bylaw is 92 db idle, 96 db engaged. Rainey also said that they can easily modify the pipe to produce more or less db. Good to know. I'm running out of excuses to not buy this pipe.
just remember 92DB = pass
93DB = fail and a ticket ....
close does'nt count .....

·
Registered
488 Posts
Buy it!! you won't be disappointed:bigthumbsup: except maybe....that you didn't buy it before you bought the other two sets of pipes and could have saved all the money on an airride or 300 kit...oh wait I'm thinking out loud!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Buy it!! you won't be disappointed:bigthumbsup: except maybe....that you didn't buy it before you bought the other two sets of pipes and could have saved all the money on an airride or 300 kit...oh wait I'm thinking out loud!!
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
:agree::agree::agree:
dammit! the two of you are making it hard to wait until the winter for this mod. i love the looks of that pipe.

tulsa, be sure to let me know if you will ever be near my neck of the woods, i would love to check that pipe out in person. :drool:

·
Registered
488 Posts
dammit! the two of you are making it hard to wait until the winter for this mod. i love the looks of that pipe.

tulsa, be sure to let me know if you will ever be near my neck of the woods, i would love to check that pipe out in person. :drool:
Throw in the fact that Rainey is a class act and makes it easy to spend that money. Walked me through the whole process and kept me up to date on my pipe and shipping and all that...a far cry from DLP!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

Go ahead, you know you want it. Rainey has one ready that has your name on it:D. He told me so. :a18:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Go ahead, you know you want it. Rainey has one ready that has your name on it:D. He told me so. :a18:
lol, dammit, it is getting harder and harder to fight off the temptation.

must be strong...must put credit card back in wallet...must not be weak...must stay strong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts