M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading posts for a long time about worries of rain getting into filters and such on bikes with Tony's or Ducks or whatevers. I have rode for a long time and during my British BSA and Honda Scrambler phase I rode in the rain with out filters on the Amals and old Honda CV carbs. My RD 250s never had them either. Just Velocity stacks. Even my harley which had a round paper filter hanging out in the wind never had a problem with rain. On my bike I just left a small weep hole in the bottom for the rain to go out if for some reason I had to park it and it rained . That could be more likley a problem than riding in the rain. But even then the filter housing would have to fill to the point that it went up the pipe and into the plenum to do damage. And it would only fill to the point of the lowest hole in the housing. With a small weep hole it would not do that. Any one ever had a problem with it? Just wondering. Also the K&N will run wet while a paper might get damaged.
Bob

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
no, there have been no problems reported with the ducks or tony mods about problems riding in the rain. i have the ducks mod, but i have never been caught in the rain. there are members on here who have the tornado intakes and have been in downpours and have had no problems.
don't worry about the rain with the tony or ducks mod. :bigthumbsup:

check out Hink's FAQ, i believe he touches on this topic on there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rain in filters

I've been caught out in more rainstorms than I care to count. My first time out on the 9 actually got caught in a horrible downpour, never been an issue, and i have tornadoes.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats what I thought. I never ever had a problem on a bike and rode in some pretty heavy stuff a few times. Did on cars that were parked with open stacks or cowl inductions. Just wanted a thread to let the guys say if the had ever had problems.
Bob

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Just don't ride in rivers higher then your air box's :eek: I learned that racing Jeep's :D Oh and don't stall 'em when the exhausts are below the water line:confused:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolutly know the search function works. So why are they still asking the same questions. I repeat has ANYONE EVER ever gotten rain in their intakes. If not one of us ever have which I believe to be true, then Hink please please put it in a sticky on your thingy your doing. :agree:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Absolutly know the search function works. So why are they still asking the same questions. I repeat has ANYONE EVER ever gotten rain in their intakes. If not one of us ever have which I believe to be true, then Hink please please put it in a sticky on your thingy your doing. :agree:
Please understand, everytime we clutter this board with questions, that have been answered before, we start to lose the ones that we will need in the future. I logged on a week ago, and was down 350 posts. That means someone was cleaning the board, and deleting threads. Granted, they were probably in the OTE, but 350 of just my posts, that is a lot of threads. I'm not trying to be a dick at all, but this subject has come up, in the general board, which you replied to, twice in the past 3 weeks.

Ever been caught in the rain with a duck? Post #17, #27, #28, #32, #37, #40

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I do understand. I'll be good.

·
Radio Active Member
22,686 Posts
Please understand, everytime we clutter this board with questions, that have been answered before, we start to lose the ones that we will need in the future. I logged on a week ago, and was down 350 posts. That means someone was cleaning the board, and deleting threads. Granted, they were probably in the OTE, but 350 of just my posts, that is a lot of threads. I'm not trying to be a dick at all, but this subject has come up, in the general board, which you replied to, twice in the past 3 weeks.

Ever been caught in the rain with a duck? Post #17, #27, #28, #32, #37, #40
I lost a few too. If you check, it looks like the OT, For Sale, and Testing that gets cleaned out. I just looked and the tech boards still go back to 2006.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts