M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about what people are using for rain gear. I've got caught a few times down here in Florida without anything and I'm thinking I should have some gear stashed for those times. I have no idea where to start.

Thanks,

Ric

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I've never tried the Frogg Toggs, but other bikers I know swear by them. They aren't nearly as durable as say, the Tourmaster 2 piece Elite suit which I have, which has Nomex patches on the inner legs and butt to protect from heat. I think the Frogg Toggs were originally designed for fishermen, but have transferred over to bike use because they keep you dry pretty good at speed. They supposedly pack pretty small and are easy to stow. They are also about half the price I paid for my Tourmaster suit ($50 as opposed to $100). The Frogg Togg vendor was a big presence at this last Americade rally since it rained the whole time.

Here's a link that's most popular with riders... http://www.froggtoggs.com/proaction.htm

Here's the link to the tourmaster elite 2 piece suit. http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=84
It let me know I got ripped in price at my dealer :edit: :swear: :edit:

G

·
TransAR said:
Frogg Toggs :bigthumbsup:
yep... they pack so small / are so light and breathable that this replaced my one piece rainsuit. I wish the pants were a little longer but no biggie... I have a size larger than I need so it will go over my mesh jacket, winter jacket, anything...

highly recommended especially in hot climates

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
TransAR said:
Frogg Toggs :bigthumbsup:
+1

Frogg Toggs are the only way to go. VERY light weight, pack into a very small space, very water tight yet they breathe! Just don't let them touch your hot pipes or they will melt. They also sell a piece of fabric like an ironing board cover that goes over your right calf to protect it from hitting the pipes. It attaches with velcro straps. I got it from them at a bike show for $5.
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
I have heard frogg toggs are awesome...

I use some old snowboard pants plus my leather jacket, but I am looking into those Frogg Toggs as they pack small and my pants do not...
:p

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
BlackCherry said:
+1

Frogg Toggs are the only way to go. VERY light weight, pack into a very small space, very water tight yet they breathe! Just don't let them touch your hot pipes or they will melt. They also sell a piece of fabric like an ironing board cover that goes over your right calf to protect it from hitting the pipes. It attaches with velcro straps. I got it from them at a bike show for $5.
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Frogg Toggs do rock! Btw, you can buy 'ironing board' material like that online some place...that can be permanently fixed to the legs of the frogg toggs.

Just being careful, I've been lucky enough to never melt mine...and I've got a hot pipe on each side of my bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts