M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never owned a set of rain gear for riding, always just grinned a bared it.... well they say with age comes wisdom....and this is the first bike I have owned with bags so now I have room for some... so just wanted some imput on what kind everyone likes and why and how good do they work...:doorag:

Thanks
Bob

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
I use Frogg Toggs. They work well, fold up really small, and are not too expensive. The only thing I don't like about them is they will melt if you touch them to a hot exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have some First Gear pants that are great in drizzle and cold weather.After 2hours of constant downpour they dont do so well. Pretty good for warm days too. Easy on/off over Size 13 boots.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
revolution gear is the set I use. Have worn them In 8 hours in rain stayed dry. inseams are heat proofed. the only thing I dont like . is there is no built in hood to roll out.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Rain gear

I have a Frank Thomas Aqua jacket that is really waterproof, and the Aquaboots as well. I have leather pants that stay surprisingly dry in rain since I keep them treated. I've tried various gloves, Tour Master Elite seem to work best. A full face Shoei keeps most of the rain out. I've only ridden in rain a maybe a dozen times with this set up. If I rode in lots of rain, better rain gear would be necessary. I'm not sure anything will keep you 100% dry if it's raining hard and you ride all day. Nowadays, I'm not that hardcore, I try to avoid rain. To me, it's not that fun, and makes the bike a mudball, and I can ride when I want being an old retired dude.:D

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Frogg Toggs and when they had a hole burned into them I sewed them up and they don't leak, looks like crap, but they don't leak. They pack small and are very light weight.

They are just the ticket.

Dry Doc

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I avoid rain per sei, however all my regular riding gear is either rain resistant or proof. Rain resistant gear will let you ride and if the rain comes, you have a period of time before you need to consider cover...maybe an hour depending on the downpour :D That's good enough for my needs :bigthumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts