M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I have the Arlen Ness and haven't had any problems.:bigthumbsup:

If I'm worried about it when parked all night in the rain at a meet. I just put a couple walmart bags over them and tuck them in behind the box. Only done that once. Other than that haven't worried about it too much.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do they make rain covers for the big sucker kit?
Hi tyler1015,

I have exactly the same intake as you and ordered custom made prefilters/raincovers from this company

http://www.outerwears.com/index.asp

Call Rosemarie Dobbs at at 269-679-3301 and she will help you with the prefilters for your Arlen Ness Big Sucker, im quite sure that they still have the dimensions from my e-mail conversation with her!

If they dont, then i can help you becuase i still have the e-mail conversation with her.

Hope this helps,
Stefan Nilsson
Stockholm, Sweden

·
Registered
86 Posts
covers

If you just want to cover them up because you cant get your bike out of the rain, or want to wash it, i use shower caps from the local dollar store , they work good.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
it's not gonna suck anything in while riding unless your whole bike is under water to that level. If it is, you have larger problems to worry about:D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
it's not gonna suck anything in while riding unless your whole bike is under water to that level. If it is, you have larger problems to worry about:D
:agree: I don't use covers on mine unless I'm going to hose it down. I only do it then because the water collects in the filter and runs out the bottom and leaves a little mess behind. I don't have the Arlen Ness filters but mine are similar.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I had some Outerwear covers made for my Ultra Air Stage 2 intakes. The oil in the K&N filters was drying out real fast sitting in the sun. The covers solved this problem. I was also concerned about rain intake also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts