M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I will keep my 9. I would not want to sit on that bike being air cooled in the middle of summer! I bet it feels like you are in Hadies:joke:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
good info in there but not the result you would think.

now if they put the raider motor in the warrior that would be a badass bike.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hmmmm, I'm not gonna get rid of my 9 just because they thought it was a little to much to handle.

·
Registered
319 Posts
my friend has a raider and I have to admit I like it it rides nice BUT I did ride it in the spring and not in the 100 plus degree summer AND I wouldn't trade my 9 for it but I would like one to play with every now and then

·
Registered
72 Posts
whatever

im not surprised. the guy last name is harley so you know what that means...dont like to look at anything different from the norm and all sow and no go...............

·
Registered
595 Posts
Even THEY don't dispute that the 9 still beats in performance. Their complaint is with the looks....and on that note the Raider is just another cookie cutter V-twin Harley Knockoff. The 9 has a look of it's own and nobody mistakes it for a Jap Harley! I get questions and compliments about the 9 almost every time I stop to fill her up with gas.....my friend rides a fully tricked out Raider with Bags, faring, everything and while it's a nice looking bike it certainly doesn't draw attention from across the street like the Beast does!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i find it funny that he talks about the great power that the 109 has and HP numbers it made on their dyno on page one, only to say that both bikes are closely matched in the power dept on page three. :dontknow:

21 HP difference is not closely matched in my opinion. i have a yamaha R1 and i like the feel of their sportbikes, but there is no other cruiser that i would want to own than my 9. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
The M109r is the icon of power cruisers . That's why it made sense to compare it even when there wasn't a 2010 available . Even after comparison it's still the bike that others are measured against.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
There were several things in this article that were just flat wrong. A bike that's down by more than 20 HP is not going to be a close match for the more powerful bike. The extra torque is going to make up for SOME of the difference in HP, but only until the 9 builds RPMs, then it's all 109. Also, the Raider is not going to have more curb appeal. I guarantee you if these two bikes were parked next to each other, the the 109 would garner far more interest. The Raider looks like nothing more than a custom Harley. What's interesting about that? Those things are a dime a dozen. The 9 is a very unique and beautiful bike that looks like nothing else on the road.

·
Registered
547 Posts
There were several things in this article that were just flat wrong. A bike that's down by more than 20 HP is not going to be a close match for the more powerful bike. The extra torque is going to make up for SOME of the difference in HP, but only until the 9 builds RPMs, then it's all 109. Also, the Raider is not going to have more curb appeal. I guarantee you if these two bikes were parked next to each other, the the 109 would garner far more interest. The Raider looks like nothing more than a custom Harley. What's interesting about that? Those things are a dime a dozen. The 9 is a very unique and beautiful bike that looks like nothing else on the road.
I totally agree. I could not have said it better myself Grampi. I almost spit out my coffee when I read about the better curb appeal. Park both of them side by side and see who get's more attention.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That's exactly it!!! The clown doing the review says right off the bat that he enjoys riding HD's so OF COURSE he's going to think the one the looks like a knock off, semi custom HD is going to have more curb appeal.

I too have had a chance to take a Raider out for a rip... it was pretty good but lacks in power, styling and most of all CURB APPEAL!!!! Everywhere I go people ask about the 9 so I know I made the right choice.

The only thing the Raider does better is shift... it's like butter... but let's be honest... it's not hard to beat the 9 when it comes to shifting. :-\

·
Registered
148 Posts
this is just 1 hardley mans biased opinion! probably got smoked by a 9 a few times when he was riding his personal hardley.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to agree that the 9 garners much more attention. I cannot count how many compliments I have received on my 109 from the guys at work or when I am out and about with it. I get many compliments when I roll into a gas station for a fill-up. My bike is still pretty much stock, so with a modded one I am sure many more comments will come from onlookers.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
did they do something to the 2009 to down the torque?

my stock 08 dyno'd over 100tq and 100hp
and it easily can get over 40 mpg

I have no doubt the raider has a smoother transmision
but they give the yamaha the nod in the ride dept.
but say they never touched the adjustments of the 9 ??

·
Registered
300 Posts
9 vs raider

son in law has a raider and I have 08 9,we rode about 450 miles last sunday.Hp difference was noticeable to him :) bottom line he likes his machine and I like mine and we enjoyed a good ride up into Montana individual tastes are what it's all about.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts