M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my bike done at corbins and want to be able to listen to some tunes. But I also need to be able to hear what is going on around me. So what do you guys use? I ride with a full face already and the shield is going to quiet down the wind noise a bunch. Most likely I will remove the face shield on the helmet. So what have you done and if it is a mounted unit and you can post pictures please do, I need ideas.
Thanks
bob

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I AM USING THIS TYPE Parrot SK4000 WORKS FINE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blue...447926QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Product Features:
  • Bluetooth Hands-Free Kit designed specifically for Motorcycles and Scooters
  • Built-in omnidirectional microphone with protective foam
  • Advanced noise reduction
  • Full duplex for the best audio conversations possible
  • Voice menus for easy guidance while riding
  • Multi-speaker voice recognition
  • Text-to-Speech (TTS) speech synthesis of the names in the phonebook
  • FM RDS tuner, speech synthesis of the radio stations
  • Analog line-in connection via a 3.5 mm jack
  • Supports A2DP Bluetooth technology for the streaming of music via Bluetooth
  • Stereo Widening and Virtual SuperBass effects
  • Automatic connection by pairing order .

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Well, this isn't with a fairing but I have handlebar mounted speakers from Motorcycletunes.com I can hear them all the time at any speed with my fullface helmet on. Well any speed save for maybe triple digits. I have it wired to Sirius. With the corbin fairing I would imagine you could mount it all inside the fairing, but can't really promise that. I have the satellite receiver inside a PSP case that attaches to my tank bra. All the wires are run under my seat. A small amp(2.5"x4"x6") is under the battery box.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
So if I ride on your a$$ all the way down to Staunton, I should get perfect stereo!! Turn it up, man!!! Hope you like Dave Matthews and some country!! LOL
I'd suggest you ride on my left side. My exhaust is a bit loud.

I am in the air about what I will do once I get a set of Q2's. I could just use the FM transmitter in the satellite radio and the Q2's to listen, or I could stream Pandora from my phone via bluetooth. There are many options.

Screamn',
Where I think I am headed is to integrate everything into the helmet. I like having speakers on the bike, but I think I would rather have the portability and clean-ness of integration into the helmet. I have been riding with teh speaker set-up for 3 years now. I did the Ipod and earbud set-up before that. I would suggest to either cleanly integrate everything into the fairing with quick disconnects so that if you take the fairing off everything comes with, leaving you a clean naked bike; or integrate into the helmet. It is all a matter of personal choice.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me too. I would most likely think I would lean toward the helmet. Then I could talk to my wife when she rides with me. But I don't want to block out sirens, horns or the road noise. So many options now. So little money left over. I would love something like the wing has with the intercom, phone and radio built in and not have to worry about a little battery in my helmet going out on a long ride. Something that goes on with the key would be really cool.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Me too. I would most likely think I would lean toward the helmet. Then I could talk to my wife when she rides with me. But I don't want to block out sirens, horns or the road noise. So many options now. So little money left over. I would love something like the wing has with the intercom, phone and radio built in and not have to worry about a little battery in my helmet going out on a long ride. Something that goes on with the key would be really cool.
Do you already have satellite radio? That is a good question as you can work with what you have to save some $$.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope don't have much of anything that way. I am just venturing into the techie part of life. Kind of a dinosaur. So I am strting with an open mind.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Nope don't have much of anything that way. I am just venturing into the techie part of life. Kind of a dinosaur. So I am strting with an open mind.
I think the best thing probably as simple as it sounds is to write a list of pro's and con's. See which way wins. For the fairing integrated set-up, I'd look at it two ways. One being just a radio deck in the fairing and the other being satellite radio.

It's a wide open world, my friend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts