M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went on a ride today with some buddies and on a quick stop found out my radiator was leaking fluid right from the middle of it. I am not sure what hit it, but it sucked. Needless to say, if was drunk that would have been a buzz killer. Does anyone know of any way to protect the radiator with out taking way performance or looks? By the way, insurance did cover.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,037 Posts
Get some expanded steel or aluminum mesh and install it behind the grill. You can buy "gutter guard" at any home center store for a few bucks, and it works well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
anyone have any pics of what the gutter guard would look like. i havce thought of donig the same thing. i have done it on a truck before and it came out nice. looked sharp. just wondering if they make it wide enough so you would not have to piece 2 of them together. i would not want a seem in there.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,037 Posts

I got one of those at Lowe's for mine. It's 24" x 30" and you need about 12" x 18" of it. It's made to go in the lower portion of a screened door so kids and pets don't damage them. Gutter guard is only about 6" wide and you would need to use 2 pieces, but you probably couldn't see it behind the grill.

Full link. They have it listed for $19.98 but I thought I paid less than that for mine. I may have gotten a smaller piece. I painted it flat black and you can't tell it's there unless you're looking for it.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_15664-15369-71440_0_?productId=3092563&Ntt=wire%20mesh&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=wire%20mesh$y=0$x=0

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Zoom! Once i get mine fixed I will certainly put it on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts