M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on who you guys thinks makes the best radiator grill for the 9? I read the reviews on both that is offered through DLP. The Cycle House grlll had a bad review and I really don't care for the looks of it. The RIS Design seems a bit high. I've seen some on eBay but not sure bout those either. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
make a custom one. that's the route i went. i didn't care for the looks of the ones that are available. luckily i found someone to make me a custom one that i absolutely loved.

or you could get the stock one chromed.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
:agree:

Make one.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! That is sweet! What that set you back? What do you charge to make a similar one???

make a custom one. that's the route i went. i didn't care for the looks of the ones that are available. luckily i found someone to make me a custom one that i absolutely loved.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Both of those grills are nice.
me and two other 9's went riding yesterday. started to shower so we pulled off on a side road. coolant was spraying from the front of one of the guys radiator. Front tire must have picked up a rock and chucked it in the radiator.
Long story short. got it towed home and found out that the insurance is going to take care of it.
After this I am really thinking about a different grill.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wow! That is sweet! What that set you back? What do you charge to make a similar one???
Shops closed on that one I think... I already asked a while back... one or two off was the cap... But yeah, that is SWEET, and I think it got chromed... even MORE schweet!!!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
one of my coworkers has a plasma cam. what would the max thickness be on the metal ???

maybe i can get him to cut some custom stuff.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts

I still love the look of that grill. Can't wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
thanks for compliment.
however, i cannot take credit for making this grill. a friend made it for me and won't be making anymore. one reason is to keep the look limited but he also mentioned that it was a pain in the A$$ to remove each individual "S" and debur the edges on the whole thing. it wasn't cheap either, but i think the look that was achieved was well worth it.

here are two more shots of it:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
S Grill

Wow that is sharp..!!..That must have been pain to make,but yes,worth whatever the price:2cool:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
This grill is on eBay? I have looked all over eBay for grills and never seen this one! You have a link?
Sorry for the confusin
Post, you get some grill mesh from eBay a d form it to fit o er your Or grill, a lot more protection for the radiator :bigthumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts