M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a large piece foam on the right side of the radiator, right by the fins. Should that have been pulled during the PDI?

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have it too. I think it's there for a reason. Just don't ask me what that reason is... :confused:

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just thinking, I hope they didn't addopt Saterns fit and finish policy. If it does not fit or if you want the panel to stop, place a piece of foam in there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That foam may prevent a nasty vibration. I'd leave it there. I can't believe I never noticed it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
rynosback said:
There is a large piece foam on the right side of the radiator, right by the fins. Should that have been pulled during the PDI?
How about someone who has a manual, looking it up and see if it is listed as a part(with name or number).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
shift-red said:
How about someone who has a manual, looking it up and see if it is listed as a part(with name or number).
Heres the part #47552-48G00

name: CUSHION, LOWER RH

Oh BTW thats a $11 piece of foam :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bonehead said:
Heres the part #47552-48G00

name: CUSHION, LOWER RH

Oh BTW thats a $11 piece of foam :eek:
So then the answer is that it is actually a necessary part to the M109r, so it should be left alone.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
shift-red said:
So then the answer is that it is actually a necessary part to the M109r, so it should be left alone.
Yep, leave it alone :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn, I have a service manual and did not even think about looking at it for that. Thanks a lot guys.. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts