M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never heard my Fan come on yet...when I got home today and checked my oil level it was almost too hot to hold...any thoughts?

·
Registered
572 Posts
When you get home from a hard ride, do you leave the ignition on, or do you turn it off?

If you leave the ignition on, after you have killed the engine with the kill switch, if it is hot it should start running...

Most of the time when I get home, I'll use the kill switch as I pull into the garage... then let her run for a few minutes to cool off and the fan runs nicely...

·
Registered
216 Posts
BigBen said:
When you get home from a hard ride, do you leave the ignition on, or do you turn it off?

If you leave the ignition on, after you have killed the engine with the kill switch, if it is hot it should start running...

Most of the time when I get home, I'll use the kill switch as I pull into the garage... then let her run for a few minutes to cool off and the fan runs nicely...
+1 same thing i do here.. Mine runs almost daily and i can not hear it at all when the bike is running.. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: by the way why are you holding your oil? :eek: :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I'm just used to my old Volusia...It was so loud it was almost embarassing at a stoplight...Guess I'll try to catch it running tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Going through town I can feel it when it kicks in even while riding, the legs get nice and warm :p

Mix a 95 degree, 90% humidity day and get stuck at a light............... then have the fan kick in on top of that , you get that melting feeling real quick ;)

G

·
BigBen said:

If you have never heard it come on do what BigBen is talking about and if it does not come on, there is a post on here about the fan not being plugged in properly.

Anyway, I have not had mine come on while on the road that I have notice but have heard it when idleing and in the above situation.

Taz

·
Registered
330 Posts
the temps at night around here....well i welcome the fan at night it sure fills good to have that heat hit your whole body. wish there was a way to turn it on all the time just for that reason. i know i could do it but just not worried about it right now.

·
Registered
721 Posts
For a while I thought mine was not working..

Sat in the driveway one hot evening for 30 minutes before it started running LOL

It IS very quiet

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The only time I can hear mine is when I shut the bike off with the kill switch, and it stays running for a few seconds :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigBen said:

I'll give that a try...Well I'll be...I rode to work this Morning and pushed her hard...got into the Parking lot and hit the kill switch and left the ignition on...that is one of the quietest fans...but it was on...Thx for all the feedback...you guys are the best...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts