M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys was doing the engine guard mods, stebbel horn, led install.but when I started to get the bike back together the radiator cowl wont fit Cannot get the darn thing to fit. There is a plastic hook that looks kind of bent that goes at the base of the left footpeg and it wont fit. Any ideas???please see the pictures.
I'm pissed. Did everything beautifully and now cant get it back on...
I guess there is a special way of fitting it....

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I believe that it hooks on the backside of the bottom bolt holding on the engine guards if I remember correctly. Do that before installing the top (with it leaning forward) then push the assembly up to the top mounting points and should work correctly.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
The back ones have to go in first then just tilt it up and clip in the upper ones. If you were closer I could give you a hand.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but is that hook normally bent like that or is it straigth? tried many ways but the one that goes in the left footpeg wont fit. should i try with all the parts together or one by one

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
It's made like that, it's not bent. I can't see it very well in the pictures, but they normally look like a circle, or more like a C, but with the top leg bent upward.

It wraps over the frame tube. I put mine on in one piece. Tilt the cowl forward, hook the C over the tube, then lift the rest of it up. Once you see how it goes on it's easy the next time. :D

Don't forget the two plastic pop rivet thingies that hold it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts