M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i feel like my clutch slip, specially on hard take off.......i would like to improve my clutch so that i don't feel like im laging 15 pounds of torque on hard take off....

I used to be able to lift the front end, but since i got the JSD-3M It feel like my clutch as slip........many times........

ANYONE can help me ???? Lamonster ??

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I know of one company that is putting a kit together now. I'll post a "How to" when it shows up. :doorag:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lamonster said:
I know of one company that is putting a kit together now. I'll post a "How to" when it shows up. :doorag:
Great, I would be up for upgrading my clutch.

G

·
what about his comment about the jsd 3m does this have anything to do w/clutching slipping JR? Lamonster? have not put mine in yet this week but would like some feedback on this since mine is 99% riding at the track

G

·
I have the JSD-3M on mine and love it...no clutch issues at all other than alittle noisy...and I'm really hard on it.... :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
i also have the 3m and noticed harder pulles when shifting to 2nd and 3rd... first time i got on it i swore i lifted the front tire off the ground as soon as i hit 2nd gear... but make sure your clutch is adjusted, we go with about the thinckness of a quater I used to work @ Roseanau Power sports we never had a problem...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Newbie question, when you say thickness of a quarter what do you refer to ?

G

·
is there any truth to this about the js 3 making the clutch slip?? what would that have to do w/clutch on a hard take off? you should be getting more hp & tq w/js mod???

·
Registered
11 Posts
i was just stating clutch cable end play correct play it 10-15 mm (.4-.6 in) a quater use as a quick and close enough adjustment is .64 in thick... i have the jsd-3m and a pc3 my bike does not feel like it slips in anyway...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not long ago I thought my clutch was starting to slip. This would happen on a hard take off. As it turned out it was not the clutch, it was the tire loosing traction.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
RENNER_M109R said:
i was just stating clutch cable end play correct play it 10-15 mm (.4-.6 in) a quater use as a quick and close enough adjustment is .64 in thick... i have the jsd-3m and a pc3 my bike does not feel like it slips in anyway...
i want what you guys are smoking at Rosenau Powersports. luckily i bought my bike elsewhere. i just micd' a quarter and it was .067 thick, not .64. the easyist way is to just put a ruler up to the grip and leave a half inch of play at the lever end.

:eek:Â :yikes: :eek: :yikes: :eek:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thx Bad109 I will do that. Yes this is my first bike so I could be scerwing it up and not even know. The bad thing is about not riding before is I don't know what to look out for or what sound is bad . But I do know this switching gears from 1st to 2nd makes me think I mucking my bike up. Do you guys think we are trying to race it to much as in want a big boast from 1st to 2nd ? I must admit I like it but the owners manual has switching from 1st to 2nd in the teens I think. Also my dipstick is on 1/3 what do you think to bring it to full ?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
are you running synthetic yet? it helps from 1st to 2nd. just adjust your clutch properly according to your manual and make sure you shift from 1st to 2nd with authority. it will get better. when i do an oil change and it shows low. i would add .1 qt. and check daily before each ride until its perfect. it doesnt take much at this point. make sure you check it exactly like the manual says.

ps- dont worry what the manual says about shifting. 31 mph in 5th? heck im still in 1st or 2nd at that point.

:bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

·
Registered
71 Posts
J R said:
NO................................................. ::) Have you seen the clutch in these bikes ? If its messing up its do to improper adjustment or rider error. I could see after a bunch of abuse of racing but on the street the tire would slip before the clutch if you know how to ride a bike.At the track if your sliding the clutch outta the hole to pick up your 60 foot you could wear one pretty fast but I dont think thats the case here and other places on the board.Its plain out and out rider error slipping the clutch and tearing it up.
As JR knows I have quite a few passes on my clutch and it is still doing the trick just fine 11.865 @ 111.23 with a 1.744 60', so if any of you have destroyed a clutch already it might be time to rethink your riding style.

And you may notice I am not real easy on the clutch...............Or the YFZ1000 in the other lane :a20:

G

·
chopkins45 said:
As JR knows I have quite a few passes on my clutch and it is still doing the trick just fine 11.865 @ 111.23 with a 1.744 60', so if any of you have destroyed a clutch already it might be time to rethink your riding style.

And you may notice I am not real easy on the clutch...............Or the YFZ1000 in the other lane :a20:
dayuuuuuuuummmmm.....way2go...nice :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
chopkins45 said:

Nice job,nice numbers! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
chopkins45 said:

Go Chops

1 - 20 of 22 Posts