M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of the guys that i ride with approached me and sed to me how all the magazine say that the m109r is the fastest cruiser on the block, but he believes that's not true, hes convinced that his K9 will beet my m109R in a race, the only thing is that his has a few mods like pipes,jet kit, air cleaner, and maybe even a small big bore kit not shore of that though, but I'm still not worried i believe i still could take him.
What do you guys think or is there any one who raced a Big Dog.
The only thing i sed to him was that this is not a real race: cruiser vs chopper doesn't sound rite lol lol

M109R:
Displacement:1783.00 ccm (108.80 cubic inches)Engine type:V2, four-strokeCompression:10.5:1Bore x stroke:112.0 x 90.5 mm (4.4 x 3.6 inches)Fuel system:InjectionFuel control:DOHCIgnition:Digital/transistorizedLubrication system:Semi-Dry SumpCooling system:LiquidGearbox:5-speedTransmission type,
final drive:Shaft drive (cardan)Dry weight:
319.0 kg (703.3 pounds)

Big Dog K9:
Engine type: a-c 45-deg. V-twinRear suspension: Twin Works Performance shocks with adjustable ride heightMeasured horsepower: 97.7 bhp @ 5750 rpmValve train: OHV, 4vFront brake: Performance Machine four-piston caliper, 292mm discMeasured torque: 104.3 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpmDisplacement: 1917ccRear brake: Performance Machine four-piston caliper, 292mm discCorrected 1/4-mile: 12.25 sec. @ 107.80 mphBore x stroke: 104.8 x 111.1mm.Compression: 9.6:1Fuel system: EFIRake/trail: 42.0 deg. /4.4 in.Colors: Black Cherry CandyClutch: Wet, multi-plateSeat height: 24.3 in.Availability: NowTransmission: 6-speedWheelbase: 82.0 Frame: Steel double-cradleFuel capacity: 4.1 gal.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
So one of the guys that i ride with approached me and sed to me how all the magazine say that the m109r is the fastest cruiser on the block, but he believes that's not true, hes convinced that his K9 will beet my m109R in a race, the only thing is that his has a few mods like pipes,jet kit, air cleaner, and maybe even a small big bore kit not shore of that though, but I'm still not worried i believe i still could take him.
The only thing i sed to him was that this is not a real race: cruiser vs chopper doesn't sound rite lol lol

M109R:
Displacement:1783.00 ccm (108.80 cubic inches)Engine type:V2, four-strokeCompression:10.5:1Bore x stroke:112.0 x 90.5 mm (4.4 x 3.6 inches)Fuel system:InjectionFuel control:DOHCIgnition:Digital/transistorizedLubrication system:Semi-Dry SumpCooling system:LiquidGearbox:5-speedTransmission type,
319.0 kg (703.3 pounds)

Big Dog K9:
Engine type: a-c 45-deg. V-twinRear suspension: Twin Works Performance shocks with adjustable ride heightMeasured horsepower: 97.7 bhp @ 5750 rpmValve train: OHV, 4vFront brake: Performance Machine four-piston caliper, 292mm discMeasured torque: 104.3 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpmDisplacement: 1917ccRear brake: Performance Machine four-piston caliper, 292mm discCorrected 1/4-mile: 12.25 sec. @ 107.80 mphBore x stroke: 104.8 x 111.1mm.Compression: 9.6:1Fuel system: EFIRake/trail: 42.0 deg. /4.4 in.Colors: Black Cherry CandyClutch: Wet, multi-plateSeat height: 24.3 in.Availability: NowTransmission: 6-speedWheelbase: 82.0 Frame: Steel double-cradleFuel capacity: 4.1 gal.
Just smoke em, Unless he has serious internal mods it won't do the job... IMHO

Those people should just save the wear and tear on their choppers,:joke:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Set up a chart first list price of bikes then spec sheet then price of any mods then new specs then take em to the track.

If by any chance you get beat but not by much you can still have the last laugh but when you beat em you'll have the first, last, and other laughs

·
Registered
108 Posts

M109R:
319.0 kg (703.3 pounds)

Big Dog K9:
If youre worried about missing 2nd gear, just pre load the shifter and you wont miss, even at high rpm,'s.

mrhp

·
Registered
285 Posts
I guess the main thing is make sure you guys are in a safe area, I would hate for anything bad to happen.

Second, smoke that chopper! Believe in your 9 and your ability. Of course you can beat him! :)

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Please grampi... Lets not get into what you "have seen". :doh: Please don't make me dig up old threads. I am kinda busy at work today. :bigthumbsup:
Sorry bro, stock for stock a busa and a 14 are dead even. It is a drivers race at that point :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Please grampi... Lets not get into what you "have seen". :doh: Please don't make me dig up old threads. I am kinda busy at work today. :bigthumbsup:

Riders race!
Stock i would give it to the busa...

For the big dog and m109R.... i don't own either but i have friends that own both.. the big dog guys say theirs are better looking and cost more...the 109 guys say theirs are better looking..cost less and run harder with no arguments from the big dog side... I say go to track...try to beat him at the lights and then show him what every one else aready knows. (and yes i have seen my buddies run the big dog...big dogs are sweet looking rides and i wouldn't turn one down but the 109R is faster)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Stock i would give it to the busa...

For the big dog and m109R.... i don't own either but i have friends that own both.. the big dog guys say theirs are better looking and cost more...the 109 guys say theirs are better looking..cost less and run harder with no arguments from the big dog side... I say go to track...try to beat him at the lights and then show him what every one else aready knows. (and yes i have seen my buddies run the big dog...big dogs are sweet looking rides and i wouldn't turn one down but the 109R is faster)
You don't have a 109? :dontknow:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Word! How ya been bro? How's the log cabin home thing coming?
Slooowww...lol. I found the tree's I want and preceded to kill'em (standing ponderosa pine that I cut into with a chainsaw) so this next spring/summer I can harvest. Cant wait!

Doin good! You are 'sounding' better. Glad to see you posting again:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
381 Posts
You don't have a 109? :dontknow:
I wish.. i do have the 09 M90 though...long story...if your interested in reading it here it is but don't blame you if not ;)

(copy and paste...gotta love it)

I was with out a bike for about 9 yrs...sold my 1978 z-28 while going through a profession change and told my wife that after the academy and 1yr on the job (to eliminate the probation period) that i would buy a new toy. Well the time was up and it was time for that toy...my wife talked me out of the muscle car and back into a bike.

I called my local zuke dealer and asked if he had the 09 GSXR 750 in black..he did and i told him to put it aside for me i would be in at the end of the week to pick it up. Later that day my buddies dad came over with his M109R.. i really liked the sporty lines and was impressed with the power when i rode it but still wanted my gsxr. Then my 6 yr old went for a ride on the back of the M109R...his first time on a street bike.... now my boy is pretty shy and doesn't ask people for things when he doesn't know them so it really surprised me after they returned form the quick ride when he asked him to take him for another ride. After that my son was in love and told me he wanted me to get a bike just like that...knowing my wife would never allow him on the back of the gsxr and also that i would not put him on the back i made the call back to my dealer. He put the gsxr back out on the floor and put the 90 in the back (he did not have a 109R at the time and also the extra 3g played a huge factor on the possibility of waiting) andthe next day my boy and i went and picked it up. I have not had 1 single regret with the change and all 4 of my kids love to ride on it as much as i do.

I know...long story... but it is the reason why i am on a cruiser now and not on a crotch rocket anymore....

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I wish.. i do have the 09 M90 though...long story...if your interested in reading it here it is but don't blame you if not ;)

(copy and paste...gotta love it)

I was with out a bike for about 9 yrs...sold my 1978 z-28 while going through a profession change and told my wife that after the academy and 1yr on the job (to eliminate the probation period) that i would buy a new toy. Well the time was up and it was time for that toy...my wife talked me out of the muscle car and back into a bike.

I called my local zuke dealer and asked if he had the 09 GSXR 750 in black..he did and i told him to put it aside for me i would be in at the end of the week to pick it up. Later that day my buddies dad came over with his M109R.. i really liked the sporty lines and was impressed with the power when i rode it but still wanted my gsxr. Then my 6 yr old went for a ride on the back of the M109R...his first time on a street bike.... now my boy is pretty shy and doesn't ask people for things when he doesn't know them so it really surprised me after they returned form the quick ride when he asked him to take him for another ride. After that my son was in love and told me he wanted me to get a bike just like that...knowing my wife would never allow him on the back of the gsxr and also that i would not put him on the back i made the call back to my dealer. He put the gsxr back out on the floor and put the 90 in the back (he did not have a 109R at the time and also the extra 3g played a huge factor on the possibility of waiting) andthe next day my boy and i went and picked it up. I have not had 1 single regret with the change and all 4 of my kids love to ride on it as much as i do.

I know...long story... but it is the reason why i am on a cruiser now and not on a crotch rocket anymore....
Great story bro. The fact that you are on the bike is all that matters. If you are happy with the 90, enjoy and who cares. I tell people all the time that I use 100% of my power 10% of the time. I would be just as happy on a 90 myself.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts

Riders race!
Those are about the slowest times, if not THE slowest 1/4 mile times I've seen for either of these bikes. Stock 14s typically run deep into the 9s...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts