M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to sound ignorant but, What besides emissions would happen if lead race fuel was introduced into the 9?  I was just wondering,  I put 105 unlead and well the bike likes it... Just wondering what 114 would do.

·
Registered
446 Posts
burn your plugs out of the bike....had that happen to my zx10....mile or so of "WHOAAAAA' followed by long period of WTF?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J R said:
I think on everyboard whether it be car or bike I have seen this including this one before :bigthumbsup: To make your bike run its best you need the least amont of octane reqiured so that the engine does not detonate. The higher the octane the slower the burnrate.On nitrous blower turbo and high comp motors race fuel is great it helps keep from melting parts :bigthumbsup: In stock vehicles with street comp ratios it does nothing but coat the sparkplugs and make the vehicle misfire after prolonged use and does nothing for power and actually slows the vehicle down do to a varaity of reasons that is way to long and time consuming to write here.Race fuel does nothing for the 109 but slow it down...If you run oxygenated race fuels with loweer octanes you could see a benifit with a map designed for it but the stuff has to be drained from the tank each time ya use it so its a real pain.Want power from fuel ? research it on the net,theres plenty to be found on the subject :bigthumbsup:
Thanks that is informative, and makes sense. I will look it up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
ok I guess I should REWORD my post...

Plugs were badly burnt and werent firing correctly. They didnt actually burn out of the bike.

·
Registered
728 Posts
b said:
ok I guess I should REWORD my post...

Plugs were badly burnt and werent firing correctly. They didnt actually burn out of the bike.
You "fouled" the plugs. Very common when running leaded race fuel.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If your motor doesn't have the correct cmpression to burn the race fuel at the correct rate, you're wasting your $. Most "race" engines have different compression allowing them to utilize the race fuel.

·
Registered
728 Posts
slowpoke387 said:
If your motor doesn't have the correct cmpression to burn the race fuel at the correct rate, you're wasting your $. Most "race" engines have different compression allowing them to utilize the race fuel.
So, what compression would you need to use... let's say 110 octane?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Crazyspeed said:
My busa is 12.8:1 and that does run on 92 octane???
[/quote

YOU COULD RUN ON 105 OCTANE IF YOU RACE A LOT. NO NEED IF YOU DON'T $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I HAD A 1969 FIREBIRD WITH A 400 CI ENGINE W/13.0 TO 1 AND RAN 105 AT THE TRACK BUT 93 ON THE STREET

·
Registered
728 Posts
J R said:
My last 1397 I had the MTC 13.5,s with a slight head shave and it ran on 93 without problems :bigthumbsup: I did have to do the 24 volt starter trick tho. ;) I never dreamed this thread would go this long.I think its a real common belief by alot of people out there that if you put race gas in any vehicle stock or other wise it will go faster I have seen TONS of people talk about how they put race gas in stuff and it just ran like crazy.I just usually dont have the heart to tell um the truth.There for sure a use for race gas as I have a few drums of C-16 and some 110 here but in regular stuff the truth is theres just no benifit.There are circumstances its needed for sure but a stock off the showroom 2006 motorcycle aint gonna go faster running race gas.I have a close freind who sells the stuff and he says guys come in ther with stock cars and bikes all day everyday wanting to buy the "NOS" fuel thats for running nitrous.You know the 125 octane plus stuff ::) And they swear it makes um fast ::) I think anyone thinking about running race gas should just research it and learn then they will know all about it and whats best for them and there case :bigthumbsup: Wanna look up fuel additives look up nitromethene, nitropropane, dioxane1,4 propleneoxide alky, meth and the like and then youll be starting down the right path ( theres lots of others ) but that will start you in the right direction of making power with fuel.There are also oxyegenated fuels that will make power in your new bike or car but there mostly highly corrosive and will eat parts in your fuel system and unless ya drain it after every use and also add fuel i the fuel map for the extra oxygen generally aint worth the hassle unless you really know what your doing and like to play with chemicals and tuning a bike/car and working on it :bigthumbsup:
I know, I didn't want to type that much, Hope your doing better. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts