M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met up with a very inexperienced rider on a brand new R1. He killed me on straight runs. Expected that one. However, he couldn't take the curves. I caught up and passed him on the turns. Go figure. He'd slow down way too much to get ready for the turns and slowed even more thru the turns. Still had fun opening up the beast in the 109.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Interesting about the straight runs... Were they from a standstill or just gunning it at speed? I took a friend of mine on his R1 several times from a stoplight. He couldn't keep the nose down on takeoff, so I toasted him pretty good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i know alot of guys like that, go out and buy an R1 or Gixxer, can go fast in a straight line but in curves they slow WAY down. funny seeing that their bike can lean like 60 degrees. Most Metrics, M109, Warrior, VTX and the Vrod, will all take a "crotch rocket" off the line exceptions being a Busa and the ZX14 with their longer wheel base. ofcourse rider has alot to do with it as well. but after 60-70 ft, we are looking at tail lights! is fun at anyrate, you definitly give them a new found respect for our bikes.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This is funny. Is there any bike made today that you guys haven't sworn that you have "killed"? I've seen posts on here about killing busa's, R1's, GSXR750's, and everthing in between. I hate to rain on your parades, but if any of you come up against even a below average rider you will get stomped even from a stand still with any of the aforementioned bikes..

Ah well, have fun smoking the good stuff. BTW, yesterday I "killed" an R1 all the way up to 165 and then I let him go by me. ;)

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
a 109 will take a sport bike in the lower gears DFW, it is a well documented fact. All our power comes in in very low rpms and the power band on the sportbikes kicks in later. They'll catch up around 80mph and be gone though. I had an FZR600 in the younger days, and my Dad had a full dress Yamaha Venture and he could keep in front of me to about 75mph and by the time we got to 125 or so i'd be 6 bike lengths in front

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
This is funny. Is there any bike made today that you guys haven't sworn that you have "killed"? I've seen posts on here about killing busa's, R1's, GSXR750's, and everthing in between. I hate to rain on your parades, but if any of you come up against even a below average rider you will get stomped even from a stand still with any of the aforementioned bikes..

Ah well, have fun smoking the good stuff. BTW, yesterday I "killed" an R1 all the way up to 165 and then I let him go by me. ;)
Can't help to feel that one aimed at me. I can't say I blame you... I have the same sentiments at most of the stories I see here. This is the only race I've had on my 109. I posted a thread about it. Not sure if you read it or not. Probably the only reason I beat him was because he couldn't keep from popping a wheelie off the line. He is a friend of mine, and the race was just a short distance of stoplights. Anyway, here's the post I mentioned if you wanna read it.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2674.0

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
man00 said:
Did the guy on the R1 know you was racing?
That directed at me or the OP? If it's at me, then you didn't read the link.

·
Registered
161 Posts
No it is not aimed at you in general. It just seems that you M109 guys are all pretty new to the bike and are very anxious to show how fast it is. To me it's just funny. Some other posts on here were saying that in short runs the M109 will beat a ZX14! How short are we talking about now, 4 feet. :D Yes your bike is the fastest cruiser out right now. But some guys (not you) are trying to take it to a level that isn't possible unless you believe in pixy dust as well.

You guys keep doing what you do, it makes me laugh and gives me something to read when I'm bored. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
man00 said:
Did the guy on the R1 know you was racing?
HAHAHA Now that is some funny crap right there!!!! :joke:

·
Registered
161 Posts
texas109 said:
DFW_Warrior

have you had a chance to ride a 109r? or better yet run one??
No, so maybe I should before judging whether or not it will beat a ZX14.
I'm sorry but I just couldn't stop myself from laughing while I typed that one!! So you actually think your bike stands a snowballs chance against a 180HP big bore sport bike? Have you ridden one yet?

What's so funny about it all is you guys justify it with different distances just so you can say that you won.

"I beat a Vespa from a stand still up to 130, this guy never stood a chance...."
"I beat an R6 for 400 ft until I let off and he flew by...."
"An m109 will beat an R1 off the line...."
"My M109 will beat a busa....... well at least for 7 feet until he realizes I was actually trying to race him"
"I beat a V-Max, up to 40 mph!!!"

It just seems that, to most of you guys the race is all good right up to the point where the other bike flys past you. The races just keep getting shorter and shorter in length. Pretty soon we are all going to be bragging about who can beat who in the first 2 feet. It's just funny what people will say to make it seem like their bike is the fastest. Just an observation from an outsider.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Film at 11....
back to you Tom.

·
Registered
450 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
I "killed" an R1 all the way up to 165 and then I let him go by me. ;)
this is a 109 website lol ol ool lol ol come on 165 keep it true

see this TA 140 with a flat front tire, thats true shit.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I beat my aunt down the steps right up to the moment she set off her Medic Alert.
"I've fallen and I beat a Busa!"

cheater

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
"I beat a Vespa from a stand still up to 130, this guy never stood a chance...."
"My M109 will beat a busa....... well at least for 7 feet until he realizes I was actually trying to race him"
That's some funny shit right there! Especially the Busa comment. Don't feel bad.. I've had the same feelings about some of the stories I've heard. It's just a good ole fishing story. Go to the V-Rod site, and they are all smoking 109s. Come here, and everybody's smoking V-Rods... Me thinks somebody has gotta be making some of it up..

·
Registered
666 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
No, so maybe I should before judging whether or not it will beat a ZX14.
 I'm sorry but I just couldn't stop myself from laughing while I typed that one!! So you actually think your bike stands a snowballs chance against a 180HP big bore sport bike? Have you ridden one yet?

What's so funny about it all is you guys justify it with different distances just so you can say that you won.

It just seems that, to most of you guys the race is all good right up to the point where the other bike flys past you. The races just keep getting shorter and shorter in length. Pretty soon we are all going to be bragging about who can beat who in the first 2 feet. It's just funny what people will say to make it seem like their bike is the fastest. Just an observation from an outsider.
DFW now your starting to sound like ...hold on.... ummm .. even more of an ass :eek:..dont get me wrong im a hard core yami fan but this zuk will put it on yaa ;)
i ride with a few warriors buds and i can till you this the 109 is just a night and day A better bike ( and yes we know how to ride)
NOW when you have a 900lbs bike and rider take a R1 or a zx12 :D from 0-80 well i think thats ok to talk all the smack you want :hot:

so now :bow: to the m109r

no need to reply to anybodys post here till you go run one or ride one is that a DEAL?

REMEMBER it's all rider im most caeses BUT this but is still the stool :D

nuff said :doorag:

Bla Bla Bla BlaÂ

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
you guys must be racing squids. my bandit 1200 and gsxr1100 will smoke my 109.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts