M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
R.I.S. Designs: M109 NEW "FLAT CRUSH TUBE" HANDLEBARS - PICS INSTALLED & PRICE

Ok.. First off I want to thank Fishrocks17for coming down, taking time away from his day and letting us borrow his 9 to install the bars and fix any mistakes we might of had..

1. Well bars installed nice and easy.. We need to take off about 0.25" so center clamp can sit better.. It did bolt on but a little snug.
2. Where we made the the cut outs to do the internal wiring for the switch housing had to be moved over 0.25" as well
3. We are able to add more material to the crush tube to show off more. Which is GOOD. It will look even better now. We will add 0.75" to each side.

Other than that everything was good. As you can see from the pictures they look great on the 9 and will look even better once they are chrome or powedercoated. Its still a little hard to tell from the pictures on the top few.. but they are flat they have that stealth look.. They are very different bottom line. If you want to ask Fishrocks17 for his personal opinion, you may do so. But you will not be disappointed with the design and work put into these bars. They are made to stock specs, but can be made to whatever bull back you want.

Suggested MSRP $299.00 - Chrome or Powdercoat
Suggested MSRP $275.00 - Raw Finish.

Can be Purchased through DLP
Will be ready for Purchase Sept.4th
NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS.

PICS OF BARS ON 9.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking forward to seeing a finished product (chromed etc) on a 9. As for the postings, dang Pete, sort of hostile replies IMO. Could they all be in one thread? Sure, they could be. Do they have to be? No. It would be interesting to have it all in one thread to be able to track the progress in one location, you could update the original thread as updates come in, and just post a new reply saying that the original post has been updated etc.

The way I see it, if you aren't interested, then don't read it. Just like all of the cry babies about Tim Tebow having story after story in the press, don't read it if you don't want to, you have the choice. If you chose to read it, then quit whining about it.
Thank you for support.. I will have the finish product chrome here in a week or so..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Instead of focussing on a new product for your motorcycle you decide to police the forum. Who cares if it's one forum or ten? Oh right....Sergeant Peter. :cop: Good job officer. Thank god for your Hypercontrolling ways. Well done.

The bars look amazing, Ricky. Any chance they will fit a M90?

·
Registered
287 Posts
New Bars

I just want to say to Ricky and the RIS family they are genuinely nice guys. They are not on here to cause trouble but make some cool stuff for our bikes. If you are not into their products cool, if you are great.

They tried the bars on my bike today and I think they looked good and with a little more work they are going to be great looking bars for the 109.

I was told to be honest so here it goes. This bar with a hidden tach or the new 109 with the factory hidden tach will look really cool. The crush bar is different than just your average round bar. The new shape with the opportunity to hide some of the cabling within the bars is definitely a nice touch. So, I have seen them in person and it is a cool design. Some of you will like it others will not. There are products I like for our bikes and some I do not. If I do not like it I don't buy it. Heck when I first saw the 109 i wasn't a huge fan of the headlight now I love it. I do not know specifications or pull back info but I know Ricky would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thank you

Fish

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
. Instead of focussing on a new product for your motorcycle you decide to police the forum. Who cares if it's one forum or ten? Oh right....Sergeant Peter. :cop: Good job officer. Thank god for your Hypercontrolling ways. Well done.

I have to agree with you brix. I think some people need to go out and do some more riding or take a happy pill. If you have nothing nice or constructive to say don't post it. Some things are just better said in a PM and not on the board for everyone to read.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I just want to say to Ricky and the RIS family they are genuinely nice guys. They are not on here to cause trouble but make some cool stuff for our bikes. If you are not into their products cool, if you are great.

They tried the bars on my bike today and I think they looked good and with a little more work they are going to be great looking bars for the 109.

I was told to be honest so here it goes. This bar with a hidden tach or the new 109 with the factory hidden tach will look really cool. The crush bar is different than just your average round bar. The new shape with the opportunity to hide some of the cabling within the bars is definitely a nice touch. So, I have seen them in person and it is a cool design. Some of you will like it others will not. There are products I like for our bikes and some I do not. If I do not like it I don't buy it. Heck when I first saw the 109 i wasn't a huge fan of the headlight now I love it. I do not know specifications or pull back info but I know Ricky would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thank you

Fish
Thank you Fish... I hope your experience with us was pleasurable ..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Instead of focussing on a new product for your motorcycle you decide to police the forum. Who cares if it's one forum or ten? Oh right....Sergeant Peter. :cop: Good job officer. Thank god for your Hypercontrolling ways. Well done.

Thank you Brix.. I'm not sure about the M90 but I will do my homework over the weekend and let you know Monday

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is the difference between these bars and the stock ones ?
???
They are 1 1/2 Crush Tube which totally changes the appearance of your 9.. Once chrome you will see the difference!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Sorry guys just not feelen it looks like two sleeves welded on so you can change the angle of the dangle might look better in chrome just my opinion and I'm sticken to it .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry guys just not feelen it looks like two sleeves welded on so you can change the angle of the dangle might look better in chrome just my opinion and I'm sticken to it .
I understand.. These are prototypes.. The transition front the flat tube to the round tube will be so smooth of a transition you wpnt be able to see the welds.. It will look like one piece.. We will perfect them

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I guess we are not allowed to say what we think.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It's been a while since I've seen someone create something new for the bike. I look forward to seeing anyone try something creative, no matter whether I like it or not.

I look forward seeing the end result

·
Registered
709 Posts

Did I miss something ???

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts