M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my goodies from the stealer. I got the Jardine quick disconnect backrest and Saddleman teardrop saddlebags. I got the backrest mounted but I ran out of daylight before I could start messing with the saddlebags. The question I have is, will the bolts that came with the saddlebags be long enough to make it through the quick disconnect hardware or will I have to get longer bolts? :dontknow:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, bolts are too short. The longest one from the front may work in the rear but only without the spacer :edit:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Amazing, you answered yourself in three post! :congrats:

:a20:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was just hoping someone else had some expertise in this so I could get what I needed before I started tearing things apart. Keep running out of daylight before I can get anything finished and I have no where to work on her except on the street.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK next question is , does anyone know where I can find M8 bolts that are longer than 4 inches. I have hit just about every hardware, fastener and home improvement place around and can't find anything.:edit:

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
McMaster Carr

OK next question is , does anyone know where I can find M8 bolts that are longer than 4 inches. I have hit just about every hardware, fastener and home improvement place around and can't find anything.:edit:
McMaster Carr has 8mm SHCS as long as 7 7/8". You will have to buy them in a pack of 5 or 10 depending on whether you want stainless or black-oxide steel. They have lengths from 100 mm (about 4") up to 200 mm in 10 mm increments.

http://www.mcmaster.com

Tracy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:bigthumbsup:Thanks alot, I hoped someone on here would have an idea. I was coming up with nothing on searches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts