M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear alot of guys on the forum talking about how good the dyna beads are. If my tire is already balanced with weights (I still have the factory tires on) can I add the beads, or do I have to remove the weights? Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You could add them, not sure of the point unless they are out of balance with the weights on, but it won't hurt anything.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,138 Posts
The dyna beads are a dynamic balancing system, which means they constantly adjust the balance as the tire changes from wear. This also gives you better tire life due to the constant re-balancing. Weights are a static balance, which means they balance the tires when initially installed and that's it. The beads also benefit you by not having those ugly weights stuck on the rim.

The weights come off easily, so I'd remove them and let the beads do what they are supposed to.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
you can't go wrong with the dyna beads. they work especially well once you chrome your stock wheels or add aftermarket chrome wheels because they will balance your tires while eliminating the need for those unsightly wheel weights. :bigthumbsup:
fyi, 2oz in the front and 3oz in the rear is what you will need.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
The dyna beads are a dynamic balancing system, which means they constantly adjust the balance as the tire changes from wear. This also gives you better tire life due to the constant re-balancing. Weights are a static balance, which means they balance the tires when initially installed and that's it. The beads also benefit you by not having those ugly weights stuck on the rim.

The weights come off easily, so I'd remove them and let the beads do what they are supposed to.
:agree:110%

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,138 Posts
On the DLP web site, it said to use the 2oz in the rear for the 240 tire. Is that right, or should I go with the 3oz?:dontknow:
They say 2 ounce for up to a 240 and 3 ounces for a 250 and up. That's a pretty fine line for 50% more beads. I'd do the 3 oz or close to it. Or do 2.5 oz and add more if you need to. I know 3 ozs works great in a 250.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts

:agree:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

Spoken by the master :agree:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.