M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....my air ride has been on since Sunday. I have left it fully inflated to see if I would get a slow leak....so far, so good. My question is this, is it easier on the system to leave the bike lowered/slammed versus keeping it inflated? How do you guys leave yours? It seems to me that it would be easier on the air ride to deflate it when you are done. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
OK....my air ride has been on since Sunday. I have left it fully inflated to see if I would get a slow leak....so far, so good. My question is this, is it easier on the system to leave the bike lowered/slammed versus keeping it inflated? How do you guys leave yours? It seems to me that it would be easier on the air ride to deflate it when you are done. Thanks for the help guys!
It shouldn't matter at all. Leave it up, down, where ever you want it. Keep in mind that Arnott makes them for cars as well. You don't need to deflate the car and slam it to park over night. I can't imagine a bike is any different.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Bobby, once the system is aired up it puts no strain on anything what so ever so it really doesn't affect it either way if it's fully inflated or slammed and sexy.....

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I always drop mine when I get it in the garage but it's not because I think it's better on the system, I just think it looks great slammed.

In my opinion though, it doesn't matter. If the part/system can't take the weight of the bike sitting in the garage in a resting state then there is no way I would trust ridding with it through the mountains, balls to the wall slinging the bike from side to side constantly compressing the shock with the weight of the bike, weight of the rider and the force that is being exerted onto the shock. If it can't handle the garage time then it doesn't need to be on the road! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick response, fellas. Big Papa, I thought about the whole "car thing" and Chad trust me, I know how hard we ride and thought the same thing. Thanks for the input Giddy....good to know. :bigthumbsup:

I guess I just don't have a whole lot of confidence in this sucker with all the problems/failures. I'm sure my trust in it will grow with time and a few rides. Thank you guys for the info. :doorag:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Thanks for the quick response, fellas. Big Papa, I thought about the whole "car thing" and Chad trust me, I know how hard we ride and thought the same thing. Thanks for the input Giddy....good to know. :bigthumbsup:

I guess I just don't have a whole lot of confidence in this sucker with all the problems/failures. I'm sure my trust in it will grow with time and a few rides. Thank you guys for the info. :doorag:
Believe me, I totally see where you are coming. Fully expect to hear of air ride leaks at some point. However, there is enough knowledge base out there to quickly trouble shoot problems. I think you will be fine :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Believe me, I totally see where you are coming. Fully expect to hear of air ride leaks at some point. However, there is enough knowledge base out there to quickly trouble shoot problems. I think you will be fine :bigthumbsup:
Air Ride Leaks? NEVER!! :clap2: JK!

Like I have told everyone else that has asked me. It is working/moving parts put under a lot of stress. Sooner or later something is bound to go wrong but majority of the time it is something simple and easy to fix and like Big Papa said, there is enough resources and knowledge here to walk you through the repair! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I always leave mine dropped.

Not for the benefit of the system, but because I have a stock kickstand.

Parking it slammed let's me know that if there ever were a system failure, I would not come out to a bike lying on its side.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hi Bobby, Just curious as to what you set your shock adjustment at? I just got notice that my kit was shipped from Florida yesterday and should be arriving soon. Nice bike, take care Craig.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hi Bobby, Just curious as to what you set your shock adjustment at? I just got notice that my kit was shipped from Florida yesterday and should be arriving soon. Nice bike, take care Craig.
Right now it is set at 13 and is pretty darn stiff. I haven't gotten a chance to ride due to the snow and now rain. Hopefully, I will be able to ride some tomorrow. I think I will probably soften it up some for in town cruising and then keep it stiff for the twisties to keep me up higher.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Slammed :beer3:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Right now it is set at 13 and is pretty darn stiff. I haven't gotten a chance to ride due to the snow and now rain. Hopefully, I will be able to ride some tomorrow. I think I will probably soften it up some for in town cruising and then keep it stiff for the twisties to keep me up higher.
Your are gonna love the Ride
Both My Bikes have it :a18:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I always drop mine when I get it in the garage but it's not because I think it's better on the system, I just think it looks great slammed.

In my opinion though, it doesn't matter. If the part/system can't take the weight of the bike sitting in the garage in a resting state then there is no way I would trust ridding with it through the mountains, balls to the wall slinging the bike from side to side constantly compressing the shock with the weight of the bike, weight of the rider and the force that is being exerted onto the shock. If it can't handle the garage time then it doesn't need to be on the road! :bigthumbsup:
:agree::agree:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts