M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these posted on the Board some time ago, and thought they looked good:

http://www.easybrackets.com/index.htm

I contacted the manufacturer, and got a nice phone call back. They don't have them for the M109 -- but they ARE working on it, and hope to have 'em in production (or at least close to it) in about 60 days.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
been wondering if anything like this was out there. something like this would be the only way i'd ever put bags on this bike.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tons of guys with the Warriors use them and they work great. I hope they make them soon for you all. You'll love them.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
For the above poster, if you read the first post it stated in about 60 days. ;)

I had this same set-up on my C-50 and thought the quick release was very handy, but the brackets made the bags stick out from the side of the bike so much I hardly used them. The Great thing about them is when they are off, you have a fantastic set of bungie nuts already in place :bigthumbsup:  And if the mounts are just a little off, you'll have to beat the brackets into place with a hammer. The Powder Coat is top notch but tends to be toooooo thick for an easy slide into position maneuver. IMHO

Just some thoughts,
Don

·
Registered
297 Posts
Stoneman said:
For the above poster, if you read the first post it stated in about 60 days. ;)

I had this same set-up on my C-50 and thought the quick release was very handy, but the brackets made the bags stick out from the side of the bike so much I hardly used them. The Great thing about them is when they are off, you have a fantastic set of bungie nuts already in place :bigthumbsup:Â And if the mounts are just a little off, you'll have to beat the brackets into place with a hammer. The Powder Coat is top notch but tends to be toooooo thick for an easy slide into position maneuver. IMHO

Just some thoughts,
Don
I agree. I had the Ghost Brackets on my M50. Easy on/off. Only downside was that you had to mount the bolts from the brackets to the saddlebags. Saddlebag support brackets were not needed.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong -- but it sounds like if the "bungee nuts" were just a little "off" from the spacing on the brackets, you could probably correct the brackets with a Dremel tool to get 'em to line up right, and spare the hammer?

G

·
I had the easy brackets on my warrior and they were great. Having said that, they are gonna force the bags to be out farther than you'd like on a bike already so wide......but since they are removable, you can always take em off when you don't need em

1 - 9 of 9 Posts