M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a trade for a 2000 Busa. KBB puts avg retail at $5400 but NADA says $2817. Whats it really worth? Might trade one of my snow sleds for it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looking at a trade for a 2000 Busa. KBB puts avg retail at $5400 but NADA says $2817. Whats it really worth? Might trade one of my snow sleds for it.
Can't keep up to you now buddy !....LOL :D

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
woody i have a hard time keepin up to now never mind on a busa :D good luck on trade:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
877 Posts
huh...thats a big gap:dontknow:...looks like NADA is trade in value:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope NADA was avg retail so was KBB. Bike has a motor out of an 06 with supposedly 4000 miles on it. Chrome wheels and a few other little extras. Guy wants my 05 F7 and cash. F7 books for 4300 and has about 1K in go fast goodies that I wouldn't get a dime for in a straight out sale. I'm thinkin an even trade would be good but need to see and ride the Busa first. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is but I can make the Doo do what the F7 does for little $. Plus the Doo rides better than the F and I aint gettin younger.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
price seems high to me. what is that F7 worth? try to get a few extra $ out of him, to pay your taxes and crap. being how you will not be able to ride it all winter, and he could be setting you up.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Both NADA and KBB are crap.

I am forced to address them as unrealistic values regularly in both bankruptcy and domestic work.

KBB tends to be the higher of the two and slower to respond to a dipping market.

My theory is their undisclosed formula includes a longer span in time, explaining the lag in responding to dropping markets.

NADA is usually lower than KBB and the values change faster, but it is still usually high.

Note that NADA = National Automobile Dealers Association

So, the data is skewed from the dealers reporting.

It is worth what the next buyer will pay for it.

So, if you want a real value, take it to a local dealer and ask what they would pay you in cash for it.

They will go to their local auction sources and see what they can get one for at auction.

That will give you some real value to start from, then add 10% to get a private party sale value.

Comparing the sled to the Busa, take them both in and get values so you are comparing the same kind of values.

At least that is what I do when I need to prove a value in court.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Woody my opinion is you are getting short end of the stick.Bike season is just about over and sledding is just about here.I think if you sold the sled outright and bought the bike outright I think you could pocket some cash.You would probably sell the sled before the Busa gets sold.Also the sled is low miles in mint condition and the Busa had the motor swapped out (sketchy).JM2C

·
Registered
426 Posts
Both NADA and KBB are crap.

I am forced to address them as unrealistic values regularly in both bankruptcy and domestic work.

KBB tends to be the higher of the two and slower to respond to a dipping market.

My theory is their undisclosed formula includes a longer span in time, explaining the lag in responding to dropping markets.

NADA is usually lower than KBB and the values change faster, but it is still usually high.

Note that NADA = National Automobile Dealers Association

So, the data is skewed from the dealers reporting.

It is worth what the next buyer will pay for it.

So, if you want a real value, take it to a local dealer and ask what they would pay you in cash for it.

They will go to their local auction sources and see what they can get one for at auction.

That will give you some real value to start from, then add 10% to get a private party sale value.

Comparing the sled to the Busa, take them both in and get values so you are comparing the same kind of values.

At least that is what I do when I need to prove a value in court.
I would hate to have you on the other side if the court room.:D

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Woody my opinion is you are getting short end of the stick.Bike season is just about over and sledding is just about here.I think if you sold the sled outright and bought the bike outright I think you could pocket some cash.You would probably sell the sled before the Busa gets sold.Also the sled is low miles in mint condition and the Busa had the motor swapped out (sketchy).JM2C
:agree: dont jump too soon. If you want a busa, join the .org and you will find one fast.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Today's market

It's anyone's guess what anything in this market will sell for..............if it sells at all. That's the big question, will it sell. If it doesn't sell, it's not realizing any value at this time.
Lots of folks are hoping they can get what their item "was" worth. Houses, boats, anything. Some things have been for sale so long, it's obvious the price is too high.......for now.
My guess is things will only get worse.
If you can barter something you don't want for something you do want, go for it. Price is irrelevant if you can't sell it when you want.
Maybe things are better where you are, here it's pretty hard to sell anything unless you give it away.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Check past eBay sales.
I did and there isn't much to go on. There have been a few stretched Busa's that sold for good money but nothing stock. The motor thing has me a little nervous. Can't really tell a lot on a 10 minute ride before buying. The guy lives 200 miles from me so it isn't like I can hop on over to check it out. Realistically the sled is worth 3000 to 3500. I have 2 other sleds so I still have something to ride this winter. Still on the fence with this and appreciate the input guys.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Hey Jeff....

I say if you gutt is telling you that the motor is an issue, I say Pass... always go with the gutt . :bigthumbsup: And you don't want to make the 9 jealous..! Plus your getting up there in age my friend and a busa isnt the most comfortable bike to ride... ;)

NOW is it June Yet? and pinch it off and kickstands up in 10 min..... :a20:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.