M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2006 m109r. I did the 3'' air cleaner mod with the k&n cone filters, my exhaust is wide open (no baffles left what so ever), cobra fi 2000 fuel processor, brown wire mod to get rid of the fi light because I took off the exhaust control valve actuator, and have the timeing advance. I have noticed a very big drop in fuel millage and slight sputtering while cruising in the 2000-2800 rpm range.
I decided to change the spark plugs and also take the air box off out of curiosity. When I was in there I noticed the inside surface of the rear cylinder throttle body has a slight carbon or dirty oil film on it.
Does anybody have any idea on what could be the problem? I did not put the bike back together yet with the new spark plugs because of the film that I noticed.:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I have the 2006 m109r. I did the 3'' air cleaner mod with the k&n cone filters, my exhaust is wide open (no baffles left what so ever), cobra fi 2000 fuel processor, brown wire mod to get rid of the fi light because I took off the exhaust control valve actuator, and have the timeing advance. I have noticed a very big drop in fuel millage and slight sputtering while cruising in the 2000-2800 rpm range.
I decided to change the spark plugs and also take the air box off out of curiosity. When I was in there I noticed the inside surface of the rear cylinder throttle body has a slight carbon or dirty oil film on it.
Does anybody have any idea on what could be the problem? I did not put the bike back together yet with the new spark plugs because of the film that I noticed.:dontknow:
Likely the residue is from a previous slightly over filled oil change. It pools in the lowest place in the airbox--rear cylinder. You can clean it out and clean the airbox out. Would not worry a ton on that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Likely the residue is from a previous slightly over filled oil change. It pools in the lowest place in the airbox--rear cylinder. You can clean it out and clean the airbox out. Would not worry a ton on that.
thank you very much, I forgot about that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tornado Dual Air Kit Covers (Fluted)

Does anybody know where I can find these covers cheaply.I want pair. I find price 150-180 dollars for one piece.Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
319 Posts
Does anybody know where I can find these covers cheaply.I want pair. I find price 150-180 dollars for one piece.Thank you for your reply
:jacked:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts