M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read numerous posts about the D2Moto taillight and know that it's somewhat of a hit or miss getting a good one. I have a few questions about them.

1) Are the LEDs actual round LEDs or are they surface mount?

2) Are the solder joints accessible without tearing the light apart in a way that it's not suppose to be taken apart?

3) For those of you with the smoke lens, do you feel that it's bright enough?

Thanks,

Tracy

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've read numerous posts about the D2Moto taillight and know that it's somewhat of a hit or miss getting a good one. I have a few questions about them.

1) Are the LEDs actual round LEDs or are they surface mount?

2) Are the solder joints accessible without tearing the light apart in a way that it's not suppose to be taken apart?

3) For those of you with the smoke lens, do you feel that it's bright enough?

Thanks,

Tracy
the solder joints are not accessible and the light is not bright enough, also (I think you already know this) the D2 moto lights suck, but for the cost of the light it is worth it to get the smoked lens and then put it on your stock light.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Seems to me there are two manufactures of the clear tail lights. This is derived from the number of lights and they have a slightly different appearance. I have tried them both and they inevitably fail. Big_B just had his d2moto fail after only two weeks. The ones off of e-bay are wired wrong and I have tried to no avail to rewire them. The only one's I think will work are from Onida Suzuki which I haven't called to verify. They are oem for the LE models and you can expect to pay $140. bucks if I am correct. :doorag:
mine also failed within two weeks

·
Registered
198 Posts
I installed the smoked lens kit in July and so far, knock on wood, it's still working. However having said that, I don't think it's bright enough. I also installed a row of flexible red LEDs ($20. Auto Zone) under the rear seat cowl, attached to the brake lights. They are far and away brighter than the D2Moto brake light LEDs.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I had the smoked lens. Everyone that rode behind me said it was hard to see in the bright day light. Part of the right t/s failed, leaving the bottom 3 led's lit when in use. (didn't know it at the time) My wife almost rear ended me on her bike cause she could not see either the signal or brake light. That's when I decided to go back to the stock light. In this case, I got what I paid for, and almost a whole lot more.

Spend the extra coin and buy a decent light. You'll be better off in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts