M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there one thing you have told your wife you would never do again and then somehow you find yourself getting talked into it all over again?

Well it happened to me again this weekend. I will share mine after I read a few responses. I want to see how many guys have the same issue I have.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Yeah, mine was skydiving. I told her I wouldn't do it again once we had kids, but I'm really missing the rush, and it doesn't help that a couple friends are getting back into it too...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife has gently been toying with the idea of moving closer to at least one set of grandkids - - - so Chris appears to be the winner. As we were up in South Carolina this week and bought a house. I had previously told her I was never going to move again. Too much hassle and I can never find anything after the move.

But its funny how things work out. I told my wife I would only do it if I could get a "deal". So we saw a house at the beginning of the week that was really nice with a big back yard and I couldn't get them to hardly budge on the price. It was also a for sale by owner and their inability to know how to negotiate was what blew the deal. They wanted everything their way.

My wife was upset cause she really wanted the house and I told her no chance. So we kept looking and on Saturday we went to a house that looked nice from the street. Inside was nice but just a notch below the one that she liked. Then we went out into the backyard and our eyes started spinning. A one acre backyard with about 20 trees, a nice in ground pool and a small cabana house with kitchen and bath.

I couldn't sign the paperwork fast enough. And it was only a hair higher on the price than the one she really liked.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I wish I had a wife!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Way to go on getting that deal Hal and good luck on the move :bigthumbsup:

HalGreenlee said:
Is there one thing you have told your wife you would never do again and then somehow you find yourself getting talked into it all over again?

Well it happened to me again this weekend. I will share mine after I read a few responses. I want to see how many guys have the same issue I have.
I can't think of anything myself.................but was only married for 4mo back in '91 , other than the wedding day and the day she told me to leave I don't remember much of it :p :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HalGreenlee said:
My wife has gently been toying with the idea of moving closer to at least one set of grandkids - - - so Chris appears to be the winner. As we were up in South Carolina this week and bought a house. I had previously told her I was never going to move again. Too much hassle and I can never find anything after the move.

But its funny how things work out. I told my wife I would only do it if I could get a "deal". So we saw a house at the beginning of the week that was really nice with a big back yard and I couldn't get them to hardly budge on the price. It was also a for sale by owner and their inability to know how to negotiate was what blew the deal. They wanted everything their way.

My wife was upset cause she really wanted the house and I told her no chance. So we kept looking and on Saturday we went to a house that looked nice from the street. Inside was nice but just a notch below the one that she liked. Then we went out into the backyard and our eyes started spinning. A one acre backyard with about 20 trees, a nice in ground pool and a small cabana house with kitchen and bath.

I couldn't sign the paperwork fast enough. And it was only a hair higher on the price than the one she really liked.
What the hell Hal?!?! Both you and Junk Yard Dog are packing it up and moving to SC... Some guys in south carolina will enjoy having you... You guys are making me think twice about this whole sticking it out in South Florida deal... :dontknow: ::)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Congrats Hal....the big yard, trees and pool sounds like 'fun' and 'work' at the same time... I did something similar, but I gave away the pool and let the animals mow the lawns! Life will be kind to you if the wife is happy! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
446 Posts
This means more 109's at Myrtle Beach Bike Week! Sweet! Looks like you guys tore 'em up at Daytona. Would love to have that in Myrtle. Hal, or anyone else, if you need a good deal on a hotel for spring week, let me know. We have half a hotel already and are getting a good rate.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Boiling Springs, SC. Directly between Greenville and Spartanburg right off of i-85.
Hey, looks like you'll be just a short hop from your Hendersonville store, so that's another plus. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
well, i live on the boarder of GA and SC, so i'm all for you moving :p. i may get to ride with Big Hal!

gotta compromise to stay married...that's why i'll never do it :p.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Boiling Springs, SC is in between Greenville and Spartanburg and about 70 miles due west of Charlotte, NC. And its pretty close to everything in the South.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just moved myself Hal. Went from Iowa to Minnesota and it's not usually a fun project, but it sounds like you've got a lot to look forward to at your new house!! ENJOY!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts