M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:2excited: good evening i have been reading the post on here and on another and i keep hearing people talking about removing there secondary butterfly valves off there throttle bottle is there a purpose to this and does it help aslo what would be the purpose of pulling the s.e.t. wire out of the ecu im new to the 109 only had myine about a month shes an 06 they mods i now about are a raw performance signautre seires exhaust i have one of only ten intakes cobra fi2000 and the jds3 timing advance and it was professionally tune for the k&n filters

·
Radio Active Member
22,679 Posts
:welcome: to the board and you have a great looking bike. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

You have two throttle valves in each throttle body. One in each throttle body is controlled by your throttle, the other is controlled by the ECU. The computer controls the one set to smooth out the power of the bike. For instance, if you opened the throttle wide open at low rpms the bike would probably bog due to the increased air, but the ECU will only open the secondary throttle valves as much as the bike can handle. Removing them will add power at some rpm ranges but it can make the bike harder to ride. Personally, it's not enough difference to make me want to remove them.

When you add an afermarket exhaust, such as your Raw system, you have to do something with the SET valve actuator. Normally it operates the SET valve in the stock exhaust. The ECU calibrates the SET valve on startup so you have to have something there or it sets an FI light. Normally you replace the cam on the SET actuator with a dummy cam that makes the actuator think it's still hooked to the SET valve. But you can also pull a wire off the ECU so it doesn't look for the SET signal and doesn't set an FI light. If you don't have an FI light you don't need to worry about it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you

:D thank you for that information so i will leave that mod alone and i will work on something else Hmmm maybe some purple led or blue maybe do an upgrade on the clutch cable and some more chrome i say some chrome covers for the swing arm man oh man were to start so manhy desions what to do where to start :2excited::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts