M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting ready to upgrade on tire size and would like your input 250 or the 260 plus i was thinking of dropping the front tire to a sportbike tire 120 from the the 130 so the setup would be 260 or 250 rear and skinny 120 front any input would be great :read: not to worried about handling going more for a drag bike look. reason i ask is there is a deal going on were i can buy the rear for 250.00 and get any size front for free along with free mount and balancing here in my town so i was going to take advantage of it:bigthumbsup:

G

·
I am usually a Metzeler guy so before we head to Sturgis I will probably put the _________ tires on the bike. I am just like a woman and can't make up my mind.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The 260 Metz is 9 7/8 inches wide, the 250 Dunnie is 10 inches wide.

The metz has a slighly rounder profiel and slightly stickier rubber, the dunnie has a little harder rubber and a flatter profile.

With more rubber on the ground but harder rubber will the dunnie out accelerate the metz?

I am confident that the Metz will out handle the Dunnie in the corners. They should be sixes in the straight and the dunnie is 1/8 of an inch wider.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks so the metz is wider to the EYEBALL :eek: on the bike???is what you guys are saying and with the front being smaller with the 120 it might make the rear even look larger...thanks to all and any other info out there would be great :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
i run te metz. 260 hell it looks wide enough to me and it handles well. front tire? i love the dunlop 130 sport (beautiful tire)jmo you need the 130 up front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wondering if i could put a 140 front tire on the M. I want bigger in the front but don,t know how big i can go??????????

·
Registered
30 Posts
JR said:
Ya know bottle fed, if ya really want a wide tire go to jegs.com or summit racing and check out the car tires they make a bf goodrich drag radial for sport compact cars that would fit your bike in a few different sizes as well as a couple different dragslicks that would fit the wheel well and be cheaper and sticky :yikes:
How does width of the original 240 Dunlop compare to Metz 240?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts