M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a new or used truck. I want and ext cab, 4x4, v8. What size bed would fit my 9 and does anyone have any recommendations or pics o their bike in the truck?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The 9 is like just over 7.5ft long. So make your judgement from that.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Truck

I'd definitely get a truck with a 8' bed. If you get a shortbed, the rear wheel will be on the tailgate, and that bike is so heavy, it will bend the tailgate. My bike fits perfectly in my 02 f350, but with it being a 4x4, the bed is really tall and it's a bear to load and unload the bike; but a ramp and a deep ditch make it a lot easier. As far as an opinion on the kind of truck to get, well, get whatever you like the style of. I have several ford diesels, (7.3 powerstrokes) and absolutely love them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have a GMC seirra 1500 with a 78in bed, thats 6 1/2 feet. The bike fits perfect with the tail gate down. The rear tire sits right at the every edge of the bed, not the tail gate.

The bike my be 96in long but the tire contacts are much shorter

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was what i wanted to know. I am leaning toward a Gmc but didnt know if the 6 1/2 foot bed would work. Can u tow with the tail gate down?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The Nines are 96.5 inches or 8 feet in length. You would need a truck with an 8 ft bed to properly secure it. Therefore, a 6 ft bed will be 2ft too short for a Nine.

You could also consider buying or renting a trailer when you need to transport it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I personaly would not buy the short bed. I just want more hauling capacity. I have a GMC 2500 HD 8.1 engine extnded cab. I love the truck. It fit's in our garage but we are thinking about moving. It's hard to find a garage that it will fit in so for a normal garage the short bed might be a better choice.Just my 2 cents worth.

Jerry.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've basically got the same question!
I'm thinking of getting one of the 2011 ford diesel 250's. What do you guys think of those???

·
Registered
913 Posts
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 w/ a 6'6" bed. Cant put the tail gait up, but the rear wheel isnt resting on the tail gait either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've basically got the same question!
I'm thinking of getting one of the 2011 ford diesel 250's. What do you guys think of those???
I'm in the market for a Stroker myself, but I'd be worried about the new ones. This year ford put they're own brand new motor in it. Untested. Unproven.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts