M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know the 109 has a 130/80 r18 on the front my question is I was given a new tire but it is a 130/90 r18 will this fit with out rubbing my fender or causing any problems any feed back will help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
As you all know the 109 has a 130/80 r18 on the front my question is I was given a new tire but it is a 130/90 r18 will this fit with out rubbing my fender or causing any problems any feed back will help. Thanks
Not completely sure, but I will bet that new tire given to you is a rear tire. You would have to post manufact and type to know all this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a Dublop k627

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
K627

1. Are you sure it's an 18 inch, not a 17? I couldn't find a 130-90-18 listed.
2. When was this tire made? The date code has the week/year made somewhere on it. You don't want to use a tire over 5 years old even if it's "new". Rubber gets harder (more slippery) as it ages, and is more prone to blow out.
3. If you do consider using this tire, check the load rating to make sure it can handle the weight of the 109, passenger, and gear.
4. Is it a tubeless tire, radial, speed rating?
5. The more I think about it............don't use this tire.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yup, rear tire. Means you probably should run reverse rotation if you can use. Again, you sure it is an 18". Sounds like a 17" to me. Also, probably not worth the trouble you can run into running that tire.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm srry the 9 is 130/70r18 this is a 130/80r18 max weight is 660 at 40 psi I don't know a speed its a k627 it is tubeless

·
Registered
461 Posts
2. When was this tire made? The date code has the week/year made somewhere on it. You don't want to use a tire over 5 years old even if it's "new". Rubber gets harder (more slippery) as it ages, and is more prone to blow out.
:agree: The rubber breaks down and may look new on the outside, but internally there are many areas falling apart. The last four numbers of the DOT number give you the date of manufacture the last two numbers are the year. If the tire is more than 5 years old DO NOT USE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts